Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had my new PC since Christmas but haven`t used it yet to completely detail my car. The weather here today was spring-like so here`s what I did:

1. Wash & clay car with Mothers Gold bar.

2. IP with Yellow propel pad @ 4

( I sprayed the surface with distilled water while working in the IP over the surface to keep it from drying. The roof of my car was so bad that I worked at least an hour on it!). Wiped the IP off with a damp MF and buffed with a dry MF.

3. FP II with Blue Propel pad @ 4, again sprayed water while constantly working the FP II insto the surface. Wipe with damp MF and buff with dry MF.

4. AIO with Grey pad / buff with dry MF.

I spent 11 hours today and I am very impressed with IP. The stuff is amazing. IMO it was the most important step because it got the paint looking like it had a coat of wax on it! The FP II and the AIO just made it look better and better. The AIO was probably the easiest protectant to work with that I ever used.

I`m probably going to put another coat of AIO on it then maybe NXT or P21S to top it off.

Undoubtedly, the car has never looked so good since it rolled off the showroom floor 18 years ago. What did I ever do without Autopia.

PS- Pic in link is not from today. I will post some pics of today`s detail soon.
    Peter

`87 Porsche 944S,`95 Saab 900S Conv. , `99 Ford E-350 Super Duty, `94 Dodge Caravan

Post Thanks / Like
    Look forward to seeing your pics! Good to hear you enjoyed your first PC experience.
    Later ......

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Doing a second application of AIO will just wipe away your previous one, so just skip that step I would say.

Post Thanks / Like
    For the first application of AIO, IMHO it would not be a waste of time or effort to apply it a second time, just in case some spots were missed in the first go-round. Perhaps even consider applying by hand to make sure the "out of the way" spots unreachable by a PC do get covered.

I also recommend using EO W&S as a "thinning" agent (per CMA`s directions). This really does help in laying down thin coats. A very light sprits of EO W&S is very helpful in removing some of the streaking that can occur during the AIO wipe-down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your first detail, what types of problems did the IP help you out with? have been thinking about IP and was looking for some advice as to what results I could expect from it . Have to agree with you on the AIO, made my 13 old truck look deep and wet !

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by flatstick

Congrats on your first detail, what types of problems did the IP help you out with? have been thinking about IP and was looking for some advice as to what results I could expect from it . Have to agree with you on the AIO, made my 13 old truck look deep and wet !
    I had some serious stains/residue and pit marks on the finish, especially on the roof and hood. From my experience with IP, the results that you want to achieve depend on how long you`re willing to work it on the paint. It`s basically like a a polishing compound.

When I first started using IP, I noticed that it kept drying up too quickly and I wasn`t able to work it in; that`s when I decided to use the water spray bottle. I worked it very aggressively and sprayed a lot of water on it to keep it wet as I polished it with a yellow propel pad on #4 setting. The finish isn`t perfect and it will never be perfect but it`s a hugh improvement considering what I was working with.

Now that I`ve got the AIO on it I`m deciding whether to use my NXT liquid tech wax or my P21S. I`m wondering if the NXT can be layered? I got home too late today to take pics but I`ll post some soon.
    Peter

`87 Porsche 944S,`95 Saab 900S Conv. , `99 Ford E-350 Super Duty, `94 Dodge Caravan

Post Thanks / Like
    Web Docta, thanks for your comments on IP, I have a black Blazer and other than the hood it looks great! The hood needs some TLC to make the defects harder to notice, not sure about the NXT, have never used it. looking forward to your next set of pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a pic with AIO applied.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a front shot of the hood.

I applied some NXT this evening but couldn`t take any pics. I`ll post the NXT shots later.

The NXT is incredible.

:up
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Web Docta, thanks for the pics car looks sharp . I have always like the looks of a 944S . must be the flared front end ready for take off ha ha . how is she running these days ? looking forward to the follow up pics. keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gonzo

I also recommend using EO W&S as a "thinning" agent (per CMA`s directions). This really does help in laying down thin coats. A very light sprits of EO W&S is very helpful in removing some of the streaking that can occur during the AIO wipe-down.

Any non carnauba QD will work fine for this. I have used EO W&S, Megs #34, Mothers ShowTime and Megs Quick Detailer and they all worked well. Plain old water works well with AIO too.

Post Thanks / Like
    looking good. :xyxthumbs since you went with the NXT, i don`t think it can be layered like something like zaino. but try doing another application, at least 12 hours after the first one. you could also experiment and put some P21S on top of the NXT (wait at least 24 hours). maybe put it on a little section of the hood just to see if you like how it looks, and/or if it adds more to the look of NXT.

also you might want to check out this thread on using menzerna and the PC:

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread...threadid=24209
    Reid

2004 Azure Blue Ford Mustang Mach1

Thread Information