Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    what are the differences?

i am going to buy some but i want to make sure its not the old ones that mess up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I assume you are referring to the 6.5" DA Pads, because these were pretty much the only ones that were a big problem.

The old design had a velcro backing that only covered 60-75% of the back of the pad which allowed the backingplate to *dig* into the pad itself kind of like a cookie cutter would a cookie. The new design comes with a velcro backing that covers almost the entire back side of the pad. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    haha that was a really quick reply

it does help a lot!

i was told that the old velcros were around 12.5 cm?

do you have measurements so i know the retailer is not lying to me?

or do you guys have any pics?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have both here, so let me go measure them right quick. BRB

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, the old pads came with 12.5cm diameter velcro, and the new ones come with 15.5cm of velcro. 3" more, and it covers the entire back of the pad minus a tiny little lip.

Now, that being said, when I had problems with mine, it was only the cutting and polishing pads that I had a problem with. They (Lake Country) swapped out both my cutting and polishing pads with no problem but didn`t have a newly designed finishing pad *at that time.* I don`t know if they have revised all of their pads since then or they are still shipping the old finishing pad with the set. Regardless, it seems the problem arises when a lot of pressure is applied to the pad, which you don`t do with a finishing pad, so this shouldn`t be a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    We should have our newly designed pads out by end of Feb in all colors. Although the older style still work great. Tha machine should be held flat against surface. I have one orange pad i used about 25 times and it didnt cookie cut. It pie cut (lol). the old ones should work just fine and if there was a problem I definitely would take care of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    ahhh ok ok

thanks a lot guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re very welcome. FYI, Autopia has a 40% off garage sale going on right now and these pads are included. Not pushing sales for Autopia or anything, just mentioning a good sale if you are already buying the product.

Post Thanks / Like
    the old pads?

Post Thanks / Like
    JDookie,

Where did you get the new version of the LC pads from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Like I mentioned, I had problems with my LC DA pads immediately after the first use so I contacted the vendor from whom I purchased the pads from, and they put me in touch with Lake Country Manufacturing, and that`s who swapped them out for me.

Nothing about the pad changed except for the velcro backing so if you don`t have a problem with your current pads, there`s no need to worry about any of this.

As bufferman mentioned, if you are experiencing problems with your LC pads, contact him and he will look into your situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    So the new version of the pads are not available from any vendors yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully bufferman can answer this question, but I don`t see why they wouldn`t. According to bufferman`s previous post the entire line will be updated and shipping by the end of next month, but as far as I know the updated white pad has been available for the last few months.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few of the orange VC pads and I`ve just bought a couple more from ACC Garage sale.

I`ve just tried to repair one of the cookie-cut pads with some contact glue, trying to reinforce the border of the velcro. This is the second pad that`s done this but the first time I`ve tried to repair it. I don`t know how successful this will be. :nixweiss The first one was unusable so I cut it into pieces to be used as a hand applicator for plastic polish...works quite well too! Pity I had to destroy the pad, though. I only did one car with it. I went to the Sonus DAS orange pad and that worked fine.

I really like the foam grade and VC design but dislike the velcro design for obvious reasons.

Is their anything I can do to replace them since I`m in Australia?

Sun Blinded Detailer Mochamanz1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love these pads. The red one`s is perfect as stated for wax application. What I appreciate most is the low drag I get when applying polish. I can use a cordless polisher and never worry about the power usage being increased due to drag... no drag !

here is the link:

http://www.properautocare.com/hi612infopaa.html
    Prep is everything .. The rest is the window looking in....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information