Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I have a stupid question. How do you guys dry your pads? I wash them by soaking them in a bucket of hot water and Dawn, I then leave them out to dry but it seems like it takes a day or sometimes longer. I am tenative to put them in the dryer though. Should I just do it and to the people who use the dryer, do you notice it depreciating the life expectancy of the pads at all??? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    after washing mine I put them in the washer and spin them out. They are dry in a few hours.

Post Thanks / Like
    after washing mine i put them on my pc and spin them on six for ten seconds and set them in the storage box to dry. they are always ready to go the next day to do another section of my vehicle.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tdekany

after washing mine I put them in the washer and spin them out. They are dry in a few hours.

I do the same. Works great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by cwcad

after washing mine i put them on my pc and spin them on six for ten seconds and set them in the storage box to dry. they are always ready to go the next day to do another section of my vehicle.

I find this method of drying to be hard on the velcro.

Post Thanks / Like

I do the same, but on 4.5-5. At speed 6, I worry about the pad flying off.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like

That would be my recommendation....I dont use Hot hot water, but hot w/a little cold. When i put it on the PC, I always add a finger or two while spinning.....I find hot water and dawn may be a little to extreme on the adhesive so i avoid it....I usually use either charliesoap or some well diluted APC....
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone put them through a cycle in the washing machine or is the Bucket method the most popular???

I think I will have to start using this "spinning" method as opposed to just letting them sit to dry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

but hot w/a little cold

The word is "warm" Patrick

I just push down on the pads in the sink until I get most of the water out. Then I take a towel and put the pad inside the towel and press both my hands together with the towel/pad in between a few times. That usually gets a lot more water out. Then I just let it air dry..takes a day or two usually.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ash mine with a good APC, rinse, then air dry after wringing.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    i soak my pads in warm water with a touch of woolite. ring them in the soapy water a few times, ring out the soapy water and soak again in a bucket of clean plain warm water, ring out & soak a few times then run water over them while ringing them out. I air dry them and it usually only takes a day to completely dry out. because they`re foam i dont dry them in direct sunlight.

I know some are in a colder climate (im in So Cal) and the air drying may not work. but then again you keep the house pretty warm so it may be best drying them out on a kitchen counter or something.

Oh, after the final rinse I put the pad in the middle of a folded up terry cotton towel and step on it, that really get the last bit of water out.

I`ve never dried my pads by putting them back on the PC. but then again I only use my pads maybe once every three months or so......... i dont do this as a business. I don`t need the pads the next day.

good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    I wring mine out with a chamois wringer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CutNAction

The word is "warm" Patrick

I just push down on the pads in the sink until I get most of the water out. Then I take a towel and put the pad inside the towel and press both my hands together with the towel/pad in between a few times. That usually gets a lot more water out. Then I just let it air dry..takes a day or two usually.

This is also my method but I put the pad between two towels & put them on my work bench so I can really put some pressure on the pad. Repeat until you don`t leave much of a wet mark in the towel & let them air dry.
    "Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they`re open"

2000 Accord EX V6 Coupe Satin Silver Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been putting my pads in the washer on the "delicate/gentle cycle" with Tide. Works great. No problems. I then switch to the "normal cycle" to spin them, as the "gentle" cycle will not spin them fast enough to get all the water out. I know some say not to use the washer, but at 15 bucks a pad, if it can`t handle a measley "delicate" cycle in the washer, then the manufacturers of pads have real problems in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stevet

I find this method of drying to be hard on the velcro.

I agree; spinning a wet pad on the PC shortens the life of the pad, as it causes the velcro to start separating early.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information