Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys

I`m going to be in Fort Worth, Texas on business and since we can`t get Meguiars #16 in Canada anymore I`m hoping to pick some up. Can someone please tell me what stores carry it (Wal-Mart, Target, Pep boys or whatever store that might have it)?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Does nobody buy #16 locally or is it not available in stores?

Post Thanks / Like
    You`ll probably have to find a more specialized shop than that. It might help if you`d put "Ft Worth, TX" in the thread title so folks who live there could chime in

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen #16 in Carquest in Niagara Falls NY. I don`t know if there is a Carquest where you are going but if there is check it out.

Where in Ontario do you live? There is a store in my area that still has it in stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by becks

Does nobody buy #16 locally or is it not available in stores?
    Scottwax lives in the Dallas/Ft Worth area so you may want to send him a PM. I believe he has a supplier he buys it from locally.

It`s not a product you`d typically find in a Wal-Mart or Target, but there are places that carry it.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    CarQuest should have it.....if not, I`ve seen it on www.amazon.com for real cheap, just not sure if they can ship to Canada.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen it at PBE shops and NAPA stores. I have a couple unopened cans on the shelf. This stuff goes a very long way (easily 40-50 applications) and lasts for years if unopened. I seal up my extra cans in Ziploc bags and store them in a cool basement location. I`m afraid that this product might be altered to meet the CCAB VOC requirements so I wanted to have some of the original formula around just in case. I really like this wax and my customers rave about the shine and the excellent tight beading of water. Well worth hunting it down IMO. Since the prices for wax and polish is so high in Canada, it sounds like a good idea to stock up. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stevet

I have seen #16 in Carquest in Niagara Falls NY. I don`t know if there is a Carquest where you are going but if there is check it out.

Where in Ontario do you live? There is a store in my area that still has it in stock.

I`m in Ottawa but I do go to Toronto and Montreal on a regular basis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by becks

I`m in Ottawa but I do go to Toronto and Montreal on a regular basis.

I`m in Hamilton. Probably too far out of your way to come here when you are in Toronto.

I don`t think you will have a problem finding #16 in Texas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stevet

I`m in Hamilton. Probably too far out of your way to come here when you are in Toronto.

I don`t think you will have a problem finding #16 in Texas.

Well if I don`t find it in Texas, maybe I`ll make a trip to Hamilton

Post Thanks / Like
    You don`t usually find #16 at too many retail stores because it`s in the professional product line. It`s normally sold through auto paint and body suppliers. (I was in a local paint shop just a couple of hours ago and they had it sitting on the shelf)

Meg`s Dealer locator lists a number of places around Fort Worth (try Zip code 76110).

If nobody has it in stock ask how long it will take to get it. My local paint shops usually get the Meg`s products I order in only a day or two.

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Napa/Cmax on Barton Street in Stoney Creek had it available last fall. Just a suggestion.
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to try calling Cmax in either Brampton or Mississauga, they might have some. I actually think I remember seeing some at the Brampton store a month back. At the brampton store, they might have it in the back and not the front so it`s worth asking them to have a look.

You can also try Carquest or AutoPartsPlus locations and even some individual Canadian Tires have had No. 16 in their shop.

Paco
    Too many products ... too few cars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Yeah, I don`t really understand this facination everyone has all of sudden developed for No. 16. Sure it`s a good wax but at the end of the day, there are plenty of excellent waxes out there that don`t require hours of searching for!!!

People are probably spending more time hunting down No. 16 than they would spend negotiating their salaries at work, wheeling and dealing the of their vehicle or deciding on which college to attend!
    Too many products ... too few cars!

Post Thanks / Like
    There are several places you can get #16 in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. Check the meguiars website and they should tell you. I know you can get it at finishmaster or english paint supply but you might have to wait a half a day as they might not have it on hand. I believe Scottwax gets his at wash solutions off of I35E in Dallas. They have almost everything meguiars sells in stock and they have the best prices and customer service.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information