Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been a Zaino user for about a year and really like the shine & durability but never managed to get out some of the light scratches that are in my cars. My `97 C2S (Speed Yellow )has a number of light scratches in the hood & doors that I want to remove. My `88 951 (Guards Red) also has some scratches, water marks and very light oxidation in a few places.

Based on a number of recommendations, it seems that the Porter Cable polisher is the best answer. I`m planning on ordering the following:

Porter Cable 7424

Sonüs DAS FlexPlate

Sonüs DAS Orange Foam Pad

Sonüs DAS Green Foam Pad

Sonüs DAS Blue Foam Pad

Sonüs DAS Buffing Bonnet

Sonüs SFX-1 and SFX-2

After using the SFX-1 and SFX-2 (depending on the car & condition of the paint), I plan to continue using Zaino for the final polish & shine.

Any thoughts? Is this the right approach? Also, who has the best pricing?

Thanks much,

Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my PC and love it.. Gave away my other tools because they could not compare. I went with Autogeek pad kit since it was cheaper..

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks like a good line up.

Autopia is the only place I am aware of that sells the Sonus brand. You can get the PC at Lowe`s for ~$100.

Don`t forget good towels to go with it. www.pakshak.com (ask about Autopia discount) and www.exceldetail.com are two great places.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont recall many ( if any) threads where people say they regret buying a PC. For mere mortals like me, the PC took the shine to another level.

Post Thanks / Like
    the pc i bought has helped fuel the addiction. it has helped the appearance of my vehicle because it takes the elbow grease out of the process.

have not used the sonus pads myself but i am sure that they will do the job.

fwiw, i would save my money on a microfiber bonnet. it has been my experience that they clog up way to fast. although i use the heck out of all the mf towels that i can get my hands on. i use the mf towels folded into quarters placing the pc pad on top. i like the pc set at 3 when using this process. it works for me.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    don`t forget the discount codes...!!!
    A man who works with his hands is a laborer, A man who works with his hands and brain is a craftsman; but a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an Artist.-Louis Nizer

Post Thanks / Like
    Lowes has the Model 7336 - is that the same as the 7224 except with a different attachment? Can I just buy the polishing pads & attach them to the 7336?

Post Thanks / Like
    It has all the same attachments. The only difference aside from the price is a $5 counterweight that helps balance the machine while in use. The 7336 comes with a counterweight designed to be used with a 6" backingplate and the 7424 comes with a 5" counterweight designed to be used with 5" backingplates. That being said, most people find that the PC works better when the 6" counterweight it used regardless of the size of the backingplate, so I would actually suggest the 7336 over the 7424.

On the other hand, it is extremely convenient to order a 7424 polisher *kit* from one of the online dealers that comes with pads, backingplate, etc. There is shipping involved with an internet sale but no tax if you are out of state. You make the choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    so what is the dicount code for pakshak? ive been looking but havent been able to locate it.

sorry for the hi-jack...

you wont be sorry about buying the pc, although it does take a little bit of time to get use to.
    http://68.6.62.91:81/~photos/albums/...3/bfc_copy.jpg
    ~AIM- liquidtiger720 ~Golden Gate Chapter - BMW CCA ~Josh M. ~San Francisco

Post Thanks / Like
    Pakshak doesn`t have one that I know of. Just order whatever you want and mention that you are an Autopia member and you will see the substantial discount on your invoice. If you want a quote, just email them prior to ordering.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can say that I got the similar setup to what you are considering (other than the Sonus SFX-1 and SFX-2) and have`nt looked back! I now wonder how I managed without them before.

I also got the Klasse products (All in One and Sealant Glaze) and these have made a huge difference!

I would also recommend getting Microfibre buffing towels (for getting into corners the PC can`t reach and a microfibre buffing bonnet for the PC - to buff after applying the Klasse SG.

I got all my stuff from Autopia and can highly recommend their service.

You`ll also get loads of tips etc from this forum - it`s certainly been a great help to me.

by the way - welcome to Autopia!

Thread Information