Post Thanks / Like
    Hi folks,

I just wanted to know how you guys/gals store and organize your pads. I might be a little too "crazy" for doing this, but I have one pad for each of my car paint treatments (about 15 pads). Even tho I clean them very thoroughly, I do not want to risk cross contamination. Currently, I place each pad in its own ziploc bag which I then label with its appropriate wax, polish, sealant, etc. It gets the job done, but there has got to be a better way. If it is OK to use one pad with multiple treatments (as long as its has been cleaned properly between each use), please tell me. Since I am fairly new to the greatness of car pampering, I rather err on the side of caution. Thanks in advance.

MCA

Post Thanks / Like
    Heh heh, between the rotary, the Cyclos, and the PCs (let alone my by-hand pads), I have quite a few to keep track of too. I might have 15 just for LSPs

I do about the same as you do. I also label the backs (or sides) of the pads with a Sharpie.

I used to keep the bagged pads in a plastic trash can, but now I keep them in a cheap set of plastic drawer units. But plastic trash cans (the 15 gallon size) work very well. I keep my MFs in one (and my other towels/mitts in some 35 gallon ones). I`d get ones that have easy to use lids that stay on and seal well.

Oh, and Welcome to Autopia!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well MCA, youâ€â„¢re going to find differing views on the subject. I also place my pads in labeled Zip-Loc bags and I pretty much keep my pads product specific too.

There are others here who reuse their pads with other products after a thorough cleaning (washing) and donâ€â„¢t report having any problems.

As far as storing them I use a plastic three-drawer unit on little wheels for MFâ€â„¢s and some of the pads. One or two of these ought to be enough and you can pick them up at Target. I donâ€â„¢t have a picture of one myself, but here is a link to Bill D`s detailing stuff that has a picture of what Iâ€â„¢m talking about:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=7298
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, once again great minds are thinking alike :p

That`s the kind of drawer thing I use too, and I got *mine* at Target. You can stack a bunch of them with castors on only the bottom one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MCA

Hi folks,

I just wanted to know how you guys/gals store and organize your pads. I might be a little too "crazy" for doing this, but I have one pad for each of my car paint treatments (about 15 pads). Even tho I clean them very thoroughly, I do not want to risk cross contamination. Currently, I place each pad in its own ziploc bag which I then label with its appropriate wax, polish, sealant, etc. It gets the job done, but there has got to be a better way. If it is OK to use one pad with multiple treatments (as long as its has been cleaned properly between each use), please tell me. Since I am fairly new to the greatness of car pampering, I rather err on the side of caution. Thanks in advance.

MCA

I keep my MF towels in drawers and my buffer pads in clear plastic boxes. In general, this works very well for me. And the clear plastic makes finding something quick and easy. Here`s what the whole thing looks like:

One thing that has also worked well is the little, white, multi-level shelves. This keeps most of the important stuff readily at hand and up where I can see it for a quick "grab and go".

Here are the pads in their box:

As you can see, I also mark my pads for a specific type of product.

I have detailed pics of most of the stuff here. I can upload more if necessary.

Best regards,

Dan.

p.s. Yes, you have very sharp eyes. There`s a lot of Zaino stuff on those shelves.

Post Thanks / Like
    I simply use the 1 gallon Zip-Locs (not completely sealed-just in case of moisture), and a 5 gallon bucket w/ lid. I can store 8 of the LC pads in there, stacked horizontally. I use to keep a couple in my toolbox w/ my PC, but learned real quick that if there is any weight/pressure on them, they will deform.
    `06 Honda Ridgeline

Post Thanks / Like
    I have over 100 different types of pads at my house. What i found the best is for rotary pads, standing them up in a cheap round duffle bag, i get about 10 to a bag and it doesnt damage them. I use the ziploc way for the DA pads, but then place them in a stackable milk crate. That seems to work the best for me. Just some input.

Thread Information