Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I always assume it starts when you apply it; when you wipe it off you`re removing "excess" product that hasn`t bonded to the paint or otherwise contributed anything and the SG that stays on the paint is already "set".

When I layer the SG on our vehicles *using this assumption* it lasts an incredibly long time, far longer than it coud if each layer was removing the preceding one. I`ve been doing this for years, so I`m pretty confident that I`m not wrong about this

But if you applied the SG *so thick* that it couldn`t really cure "properly" (and I mean goofy-thick), that could change things. So put it on as thinly as you can and you should be fine.

Oh, and I`ve read that a longer cure time (e.g., a week or so) is better than 24 hours. Could be, but again, I`m not experiencing anything that indicates that the 24 hours (after initial application) is insufficient. Still, I always layer some more on after subsequent washes, which is probably a good idea if you`re going for maximum durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks man....

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought some AIO and SG from the autopia store! I also ordered #16 from the Meguiars site.

I am really excited to get started with this stuff. Thanks for guiding me everybody. I hope the stuff gets here quickly even though I ordered ground shipping...

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m just here to second what has been said so far...

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    When i detailed my car last i used aio and sg. After removing the sg i applied NXT, which after reading this thread, i assume is a bad idea. Can i apply a wax over sg after just having removed it? I`m asking this because a lot of times I only have one day to do a complete detail on certain cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    most people wait atleast 24 hrs for SG to cure or to bond to you`re paint before applying a wax over it. This is mainly because if you put a wax on top of uncured sealant, it might afftect its durability or it might not fully bond on your paint. So, I would say to just wait 24 hrs before putting anything on top of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    for me the WOWO method works real well cause if you get the SG on there real well its a pain in the *** to remove. i have abou 6 oz left if you wanna pay for shipping ill send it to ya. LMK

I dont doubt its a great product but i perfer the AIO then sealant as opposed to the AIO/SG combo cause sometimes the SG is hard to remove even w/ the WOWO method. I usually apply it light w/ either a mf applicator or one of the nxt style applicators and sometimes have problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information