Thread: First purchase

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I am new to Autopia and just wanted to get some thoughts on my first purchase. I did alot of research and this is what I came up with.

-303 Aerospace protectant for interior

-Menzerna Intensive Polish

-Menzerna Final Polish

-Blackfire All finish paint protection

-Mothers Back to Black

-Mothers Duration for Tires

-Stoners Invisible Glass

- I also bought a PC at Home Depot. I purchased the 7232 ??(I think it was the same as the 7424 but it came with a sanding "head" and was only $99.

-Still looking for a good wheel polish

I have read alot about Poorboy`s, 4 star, and Woflgang and was wondering if I made a good purchase. I like to get the most "bang for my buck" and like to take price into consideration when buying something. Any improvements or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Out of everything you listed, I am thinking that Poorboy`s is going to be the most bang for your buck and a lot easier to use than the Menzerna twins. There are a lot of members that think IP/FP is more suited for a rotary vs. a PC.

Everything else sounds good, but you left out pads, backingplate, and mf towels. These three items are sometimes more important than the products you use.

As far as what products you are going to *need* in the way of polishes this depends on what you are working on. If you give us an idea of what your intended use is going to be, we can more accurately give you a recommendation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased the 6" velcro backing plate and the Hi-gloss 6" pads (yellow, white, and black), and some "Viper" MF towels from CMA. I am working on a 2005 Mercedes c-230 and 1999 Ford Explorer which need alot of work(lots of swirl marks and water spots).

Post Thanks / Like
    Good choice in pads and mf`s. Now that I know what you are looking at, I`d still recommend PB`s SSR`s for your polishes and also for your protectants. Everyone has their favorites just as you will eventually also but I think PB`s is very user friendly and is a good product line to learn with, or even stay with.

Use the SSR line for paint correction like the swirls you are talking about and then protect it with EX or EX-P and Natty`s, you can`t go wrong.

The only thing you will probably need to do is buy more pads. Depending on how bad these two cars are, you will probably need at least one more white pad since you can`t use the same pad for different products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like Sonus SFX Polishes and Pads. Check those out. I had good luck with them. I was new to the PC when I used them and it couldn`t of been easier. The first car I used on them was in real bad shape.

I love Klasse products. My family has been using it for years. P21S makes the best wax.

Great selection of products. I own all of them besides Merzena IP. Back to Black is my best friend.

Good luck. You couldn`t be at a better place to learn. Everybody here helped me out extremely. I couldn`t of screwed up.

Good LUCK!
    Long Live My Audi. She Will Dearly Be missed.

Visit My Gallery if you wish!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by metaylor9

Hi, I am new to Autopia and just wanted to get some thoughts on my first purchase. I did alot of research and this is what I came up with...I have read alot about Poorboy`s, 4 star, and Woflgang and was wondering if I made a good purchase... Any improvements or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Heh heh, even though I use different products, I think you did *just fine* in your choices and I don`t see any reason to second-guess them. Use the stuff you got and everything should turn out fine. It`s easy to get too caught up in "but what about [this product] or [that product]".

Just get a bunch of pads and MFs and have at it

Without knowing what kind of wheels you have, I don`t see why you couldn`t just treat them like the vehicle`s paint; that usually works fine.

Oh, and Welcome to Autopia!

Thread Information