Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone tell me if Poorboys Spray and Wipe is basically a Quick Detailer spray? All the descriptions of the products I`ve seen say that it should be used to remove dust, sap, bird droppings etc.....isn`t that basically what you get a QD for??

Some companies on the web even have it listed under thier QD section??

What is the main reason to get S&W over a good QD?? When can you use S&W that you couldn`t instead just use a QD spray??

Confused...

Post Thanks / Like
    You can remove more dirt/grime safely with S&W than an ordinary QD spray. S&W is considered a waterless wash.

QD sprays leave behind oils, or in some cases wax to enhance the finish`s appearance. S&W leaves nothing behind and does not enhance the appearance in any way other than the fact that it cleans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MattZ28

You can remove more dirt/grime safely with S&W than an ordinary QD spray. S&W is considered a waterless wash.

QD sprays leave behind oils, or in some cases wax to enhance the finish`s appearance. S&W leaves nothing behind and does not enhance the appearance in any way other than the fact that it cleans.

:up Yep. Use the QD after the Poorboy`s S&W.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Adam`s Detail Spray could be considered a waterless wash and will leave you car with a cleaner, glossier, and slicker finish, the best of both worlds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I really like the Adam`s DS. I plan on getting the Gallon refill with all the extras after Christmas.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

I miss my 03 Cobra...... 03COBRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JaredPointer

Yeah, I really like the Adam`s DS. I plan on getting the Gallon refill with all the extras after Christmas.
    I highly recommend you get the gallon special, I just did and it`s a great deal!! I got the special and 4 extra towels, the free shipping on the site was a mistake by the webmaster, but Adam honored it for me! $78 for 1 Gallon, 16oz sprayer, 4oz mister, 8 16x24 mf towels, and the funnel. The funnel is a great little tool, it makes it a lot easier, and it is a very strong plastic piece!

I have had great success with S & W, followed by the Adam`s Detail Spray. The S & W makes the surface very clean, and the Adam`s adds some gloss to the finish. From what I understand is you can`t really have a QD and a waterless wash all in one. Do to one or the other you have to sacrifice gloss, or cleaning ability. The S & W has a lot of cleaning ability, where the Adam`s has a lot of gloss enhancers. Thet why Poorboy`s is testing a product called Spray and Gloss. Steve says it was an earlier version of S & W, but it needed more cleaning ability to be a waterless wash.

So I would use the S & W as a waterless wash, and use a high quality QD as a follow up. Try the Adam`s 4oz mister test of the Detail Spray, I think it`s $2.95 for the bottle!

Another thing I have noticed, I think, is that S & W really prolongs the Wax/Sealant that you have on the surface. I have noticed a lot better beading of the paint since I started using S & W, and even better after using the Adam`s Deatial Spray and S & W together!!

All of the above is just my opinion!:xyxthumbs
    PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal
    2003 Apex Silver Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Thread Information