Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I use this detail shop for PDR on my cars, they do great work. Its a huge shop and I`ve always watched them working on the cars and have always been impressed that they seem to do good quality work. They use sheepskin mitts, one for the top one for the bottom, have PCs and rotaries and seem to be proficient with them and seem to have a good following, do expensive cars etc.

Well its cold, I`ve been busy with december sales promotions by my clients, the car was dirty. I figured why not...just once...

So I go over there and explain to the guy that I am very picky and that NOBODY has ever washed this car before except me, other than the Lexus dealer once and they paid me $140 for that mistake. He assured me that they would do a good job for me and not to worry. I watch through the window and it goes well. Good spraydown careful wash with two sheepskin mitts and two buckets only in straight lines. Careful dry with a clean chamois. Comfortable I step back inside to make some phone calls.

They bring the car around, dripping like cars do after they`ve been washed. As I paid for the wash I saw the guy wiping down the drips I assumed with a chamois or or MF towel since they had been so careful washing it. Well I walk outside...its an old dish rag with mickey mouse on it...and its filthy.

it was too late, he was already done and the swirls are terrible. All under the beltline and both bumpers, horrible swirls. They`re worse than after the dealer washed it, much worse. I thought that was the worst shame, the detailer was so careful washing it and this guy screws up his work in 2 minutes with a dish rag. I was furious...

So tomorrow will be spent with the PC on the lower body panels and a rewax of the whole car in the 40 degree temps. Luckily its just slightly the doors and mostly the lower body panels, the hood, trunk, roof, upper doors are all fine because there were no drips and only the chamois was used.

Live and learn, from this moment on nobody but me will wash my car, ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man that sucks, I feel for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you ever go back, bring some of your own MF`s... And of course keep your eyes on the prize the whole time next time. When they`re absolutely done touching the car and the keys are in your hand, then turn your back on your car and pay...

Post Thanks / Like
    My lord are you picky. :p I would just give the whole car a coat of wax and let it go until the spring time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t let anyone else wash my car either, and my car is white so swirls don`t even show.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no...never going back...oh no...not even with my own MFs. LOL I`ll just be cold.

Corey- I would but I just detailed it for the winter. Its also very unsightly, it wont take much time to buff out just the lower panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    steve - did you say anything to the guy? the manger/owner should know about it as well. This guy is helping them loose business. He needs to be thought the proper way of dealing with cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I was so disgusted I just left, which is uncharacteristic of me. Usually I`m quite vocal with my displeasure over such things. I`m planning on calling, the manager needs to know I agree.

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    This brings back bad memories from my youth. My Father had routine maintenance performed on his 911 and the shop gave him a complimentary wash and wax. I swear they managed to cram enough paste into the jams and seals to wax an entire car. Long story short, Pops came home and handed me a tooth brush . . . I was miserable. Lesson learned â€â€œ never let anyone touch your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Talk to the MGR and show him the damage before you correct their blunder/abuse/thoughtlessness/ ...

Post Thanks / Like
    About two months ago I had my BMW in for a service action and as usual I requested "NO WASH"! Well, when I picked up the car the next day I noticed it had been washed, and decided that from now on I am making my own sign and posting it on the windshield. When the sun came out, and I was able to inspect my car, it was a total mess. Unbelievable what one careless wash can do to a jet black finish. I proceeded to a full detail using DACP, #80, AIO etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GoodnClean

Well I use this detail shop for PDR on my cars, ...

Well its cold, I`ve been busy with december sales promotions by my clients, the car was dirty. I figured why not...just once...

...Well I walk outside...its an old dish rag with mickey mouse on it...and its filthy.

... the detailer was so careful washing it and this guy screws up his work in 2 minutes with a dish rag. I was furious...

...Live and learn, from this moment on nobody but me will wash my car, ever.

:scared I live in the D.C. area. Where is this place, so that I can be sure to never go there? PM me if you wish.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    i regret taking my car to car wash places...now that i joined/read the forums i will never let anyone else touch my car, unless they know what they are doin

Post Thanks / Like
    always wash your car yourself, i think everyone has learend that lesson at least once.

Vernon

Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch, GnC. I`d bet that the owner would really like to know.

Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information