Post Thanks / Like
    I started coming to this website a few months ago, and now I`m obsessed with getting my car looking its best.. It`s a 1995 Black Acura Legend.. Now, i need some advice because I`ve bought so much stuff and am not sure what would be the best combination of things i`ve got or what else I might need to get a great deep shine. Here`s what i`ve got.

Porter Cable DA

Mother`s Cleaner Wax

Meguiar`s #2, #7, #9, #16, #34 NXT wax, and their Polishing pad

3M Perfect-It 3000 Final Glaze 06066 with the 3M glaze pad to go with it

From reading the forums, it sounds like the #7 won`t hold up for more than a couple days even with wax put on top, is this true? But just trying to figure out what would be the best way to layer what i`ve got, also I`m thinking about buying Klasse AIO, or would going to the store to pick up some 3M stuff be just as good? .. Also, do certain microfiber towels make cobwebs in the paint? I`ve polished my with all the stuff i`ve got, use a water blade to dry most of the car, then finish drying, and removing polishes, waxes, etc with some microfiber towels i bought from Costco. When i look at the paint at an angle in the sun i still see cobwebs :angry I`m guessing it`s my fault since i`m still trying to get the hang of this stuff.

Thanks guys... im addicted

Post Thanks / Like
    The only polish I use are the menzerna twins and I have great success. Yes you can get MF that`s stiff and oddly enough those are usually expensive, probably because they last longer (more washes). I use costco and star fiber and SF is rougher, but they last forever. The rule is the softer and plusher the MF the least chance of webbing. Those yellow costco ones are very good, that`s not your problem. Maybe during your wash? Don`t worry black cars are going to get swirls regardless, the price you pay for beauty. I think that 7 is the oily product and all of those oily products bug me, steer clear.

Menzerna twins/Zaino or (AIO to NXT) I`ve heard=mirror.

I like NXT but haven`t tried it with AIO as of yet, but I imagine you can use mothers cleaner WAX then NXT if you want to use what you`ve got.

Dont know about layering what you got as far as 3m and mixing with megs. See polish abrasion chart.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve got the #26 hi tech yellow wax also... any other recommendations of things to buy that would have significantly different looks from the using the products i currently own?

Post Thanks / Like
    a combo that i tried out today and was very impressed is:

-3M finishing glaze via 3M light polishing waffle weave pad

-p21s paintwork cleanser via blue sonus pad

-wolfgang sealant by hand

i will be applying a layer of p21s carnuaba over the top of it tomorrow

p.s. this was used on a 93` civic hatch with is300 charcoal grey paint job done by the lexus dealership.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by boscobaby

Porter Cable DA

Mother`s Cleaner Wax

From reading the forums, it sounds like the #7 won`t hold up for more than a couple days even with wax put on top, is this true? But just trying to figure out what would be the best way to layer what i`ve got, also I`m thinking about buying Klasse AIO, or would going to the store to pick up some 3M stuff be just as good? ..

I thought you said you had a vast array of products???

#7 is a glaze. It doesn`t have any protective properties.

AIO is good stuff, and the 3M polish that I use (PI III MG) is great for removing light/medium swirls.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by White95Max

I thought you said you had a vast array of products???

#7 is a glaze. It doesn`t have any protective properties.

AIO is good stuff, and the 3M polish that I use (PI III MG) is great for removing light/medium swirls.

haha, well compared to the previous Zymol Cleaner wax and Mother`s Cleaner Wax that were the only things I owned, this seems like a lot for paint care for me (i`ve also got TR-3 resin, Nufinish, Meguiar`s Gold Class Wax, Turtle Wax pure Carnuba, Color X, and a couple other things, but compared to the products i meantioned in the first post, those just listed are pretty much crap, except the mother`s wax). Anyway, when you`re talking about light/medium swirls, that would be seeing the `spider webs` ,or whatever they`re called, when looking at the paint at an angle under bright light, or is it something more obivious? It seems like when I even use a wax that should hide swirls and scratches, I still see "spider webs``... How big of a difference is the shine, depth, clarity of paint that`s been treated with AIO topped with a carnuba compared to say Meguiar`s #7 with either the NXT, #26, or #16 on top of it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a noticeable difference in the depth and gloss of my paint when I switched from #7/NXT to P21S GEPC/EX-P/PG.

Now I use 3M PI III MG/AIO/UPP/#16.

You really need to use a true polish (abrasive) in order to see the full potential of your paint.

IMO, light to moderate swirls are what most vehicles have. The 3M PI III MG can remove those pretty easily.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by boscobaby

I started coming to this website a few months ago, and now I`m obsessed with getting my car looking its best.. It`s a 1995 Black Acura Legend.. Now, i need some advice because I`ve bought so much stuff and am not sure what would be the best combination of things i`ve got or what else I might need to get a great deep shine. Here`s what i`ve got.

Porter Cable DA

Mother`s Cleaner Wax

From reading the forums, it sounds like the #7 won`t hold up for more than a couple days even with wax put on top, is this true? But just trying to figure out what would be the best way to layer what i`ve got, also I`m thinking about buying Klasse AIO, or would going to the store to pick up some 3M stuff be just as good? .. Also, do certain microfiber towels make cobwebs in the paint? I`ve polished my with all the stuff i`ve got, use a water blade to dry most of the car, then finish drying, and removing polishes, waxes, etc with some microfiber towels i bought from Costco. When i look at the paint at an angle in the sun i still see cobwebs :angry I`m guessing it`s my fault since i`m still trying to get the hang of this stuff.

Thanks guys... im addicted

It sounds like you`ve got plenty of stuff to keep you busy. Does the 3M Final Glaze have any abrasive? I`m not that familiar with their products. Sounds like you have #2, #9 and the 3M to tackle paint imperfections.

As to what is causing your micromarring, no one here would be able to tell you. Try testing your towels on an area and see if they do it. Or maybe it comes from your wash stage, or maybe it comes from just driving the car, or maybe it`s the same marring all along and you just haven`t been successful in removing it yet. :nixweiss

What is your current use of the products, and what is it that they fail to do that you want them to, or what do they do that you want to improve upon? Otherwise you`ll just get a bunch of "I used this and it was sweet" responses.

That said, once you find out what is causing your marring, and eliminate it, you can use #9 or the 3M stuff (if it`s abrasive) to correct that.

As to #7 lasting, you already own it. Why not try it and see what it does for your paint and for how long it does it? You are using products that can go over a glaze, so why not give it a try?

Oh, and :welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not a fan of any glaze or SMR with fillers . I don`t like the idea of hiding defects I didn`t remove initially but it does depend how obsessive you want to be and the fragility of the paint ( take classic car paint for example)

I am also not a fan of cleaner-wax if used as the only LSP: too much trade off in these products ( may not providing the total potential shine one could get from a pure wax/sealant, maybe due to higher solvent-cleaning-content) where either using a 2 step system like the Klasse twins or a product that only cleans paint first then the wax or sealant just stands out as a better job in my mind. Yeah, I`m a bit of a purist.

As for polishes or compounds, one line that seems to avoid the radar but apparently is very good is Hi Temp. This line is also priced very well. I may just add this line to the arsenal from topoftheline.com next yar.

Currently I enjoy Menzerna the most although its "true magic" is supposed to come out by rotary use
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Thread Information