Post Thanks / Like
    This summer I`ve done probably 50-60 cars in the first official year of Detailing for Profit as a secondary source of income. Many of the topics and processes learned here at Autopia are extremely helpful BUT the one that I absolutely live by is the least agressive approach first when polishing paint.

SSR1 and a white polishing pad @ 6 are always my first plan of attack when polishing a vehicle. Time after time I`m amazed at how many cars this combo will correct 90% of the problems on.

Within the last 2 weeks I`ve detailed 3 vehicles that under a halogen light are swirled to high heaven and I`ve been able to remove all of the swirling with nothing more than SSR1. First was a 01 Porsche 911 Targa in dark blue, the second was a 02 Porsche Boxter S in black and Finally a `97 Acura NSX in Black. All 3 the owners only wanted a simple 2 step process and I was prepared to make it SSR2.5 straight to my LSP but in all 3 cases the SSR1 fit the bill and the owners couldn`t be happier...neither could I as SSR1 is extremely easy to work with an doesn`t dust up a storm.

Anyhow...just posting as a reminder to everyone on how important it is to remember the Least Agressive Approach first methodology even if you look at the paint and assume that it might need more.

I`ll be posting pictures of the NSX in the next day or 2..unfortunatly my digital camera was ruined on my honeymoon and I just got a new one this week so the 911 and Boxter are not going to be seen.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, that`s good to keep in mind.

I always do a test patch first if I am unsure. Too many times I did the least aggressive, followed by a medium aggressive because the fine didn`t go all the way down, followed by the least aggressive to work down the medium abrasive.

A big, time consuming loop of polishes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by AudiOn19s

Anyhow...just posting as a reminder to everyone on how important it is to remember the Least Agressive Approach first methodology even if you look at the paint and assume that it might need more.

Hey Andy, you can take that a step further and apply it to many of the other processes involved in detailing a vehicle. Thanks for taking the time to put together a good post. And we will be looking forward to your pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    well I`m doing my first rotary detail tomorrow and I`m sure i`m going to learn a ton but I`m deffenitily using the least method

Thread Information