Thread: #16 By Hand

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried applying #16 by hand today on top of NXT on one spot of my car (the rest got another coat of NXT, then tomorrow #16 or #26). I applied it with a foam pad wettend with water. I let it dry for about 10min, then wiped with a Microfiber. I ran my hand across it and it didnt feel as slick as when i had did #26 one time before by hand. My question is, did i apply it wrong, or is #16 not as slick/smooth as #16? It looked just as good #26, but not as slick:nixweiss
    [quote name=`DocHoliday`]I recently had SSR2.5 on toast for breakfast, was tasty and it polished my teeth![/QUOTE]

:think:

Post Thanks / Like
    #16 doesn`t feel as slick, at least to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve achieved pretty good results with #16 in terms of slickness. It`s not the slickest wax, but water definitely doesn`t stick too well to the car.

I think it might just be an issue of what ingredients are used in #26 compared to #16. From the Meguiar`s website, they say that #26 contains "silicones, polymers, and other specialty waxes". I have a feeling that these ingredients are contributing to the difference in slickness that you are experiencing.

As far as I know about #16, it`s a relatively "old school" formula. I doubt it would contain any large amounts of the ingredients listed above.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey LTHLBLU, I`ve applied #16 by machine (PC) and have had good results. At least for me applying my machine allows me to lay down a thin coat which is the trick with #16. It comes off easily when applied sparingly and leaves a nice slippery surface.

Again, that`s been my experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, i might try it by machine on my moms car,thanks guys
    [quote name=`DocHoliday`]I recently had SSR2.5 on toast for breakfast, was tasty and it polished my teeth![/QUOTE]

:think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Dr Groove

I`ve applied #16 by machine (PC) and have had good results. At least for me applying my machine allows me to lay down a thin coat which is the trick with #16.

How did you get it onto the pad, and how much did you apply?

Post Thanks / Like
    I apply it with the PC too, you can "butter" the pad with a knife.

Post Thanks / Like
    I apply it with my cordless that has a 4" pad and it fits in the can. Just a quick shot on the trigger and there is enough on the pad.

I have used the same pads on a PC on 4 or slower to apply #16 also .. any faster than 4 and it wobbles.

I do fender / door/ door then wipe off .. then 3 more areas that size .. One thing I have found is that if when it hazes you see its too thick just run back over it with the pad and it desolves and thins it.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jesstzn

I apply it with my cordless that has a 4" pad and it fits in the can. Just a quick shot on the trigger and there is enough on the pad.

Yeah, I do that with the Cyclo too. Try scraping off as much as you can after doing that, you`ll still have plenty of wax on the pad. Using no more wax than necessary will allow you to cover more panels before wiping off (I often do the whole vehicle before removing) without having to struggle with it. It`s pretty incredible how little you need to get on there, "SG/Zaino-thin" is plenty. And the longer you let it set up (yeah, I do the w-o-w-o mothod sometimes too and it`s OK) the better the durability.

Thread Information