Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GSRstilez

Rob Tomlin: Menzerna is the industry leader for precious abrasives. They sell their abrasives to many different companies out there. They are meant to be used via rotary which is key for me . They produce a brilliant shine (more gloss than any other polish out there) and leave no oils behind which means you can go straight to a sealant with no bonding issues.

Thanks for the reply Sean.

So, if one is using a PC, would you recommend a different line of polishes? If so, what?

Hey, you had to know you would be getting a ton of questions after making a post like this, right?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sean, you show EX to be your favorite for dark solids but UPP to best for looks and durability... so what does that mean for a black car? Would you prefer EX or UPP? I`m really sold on EX but haven`t tried UPP yet, in your opinion does it protect from marring and swirls better than EX (again thinking in terms of a black car)?
    Tanguy Perinne
    1997 ProCharged Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    So...is the APC in the house cleaners section of Costco?? What does the bottle exactly look like...gots to give it a try!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m also wondering is Costco in the UK sell APC...

I could also do with knowing what the bottle looks like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow..Great list Sean....:up
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!

This really helps guys like me who are just starting out with product selection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great list -- could you compare TOL Wheel wash versus something like A2Z or P21S Gel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for putting the list together for us! :xyxthumbs

I had a few questions (hopefully some are not too stupid):

1. What is "Oxy Clean"? Is that the zit remedy, or something else? You use a whole "cup" of it.. is it liquid or powder?

2. Do you have any pictures of Costco`s all purpose cleaner (container)? I`d like to see if I can find it here at a Canadian Costco, but might be hard to find.

3. I`ve been meaning to ask people for a while on here... what is "Woolite"? Is that a regular off the shelf laundry detergent, or... what?

4. You mentioned using Mother`s metal polish on PLASTIC. Are you talking about their standard metal polish in the red & white container? Also, what is your method of application? Does it actually remove swirls from plastic (taillights, etc.)? And have you compared it to something like Meg`s PlastX (sp?)?

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad that you liked the costco APC Sean. For the $ it is hard to beat.

Guys it is located in the household cleaning area, in Memphis it is against the wall. It is < $5 for 1.25 gallons!!!

If you look in this pic it is the gallon on the left side. This pic was taken abouit a year ago so the label has changed a bit, but you get the idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    For Costco newbies, it`s under the Kirkland Signature brand I`ll let you know if I spot any in my local UK Costco.

Post Thanks / Like
    For Canadians, Woolite is called Zero - you should find it near the Tide etc. in Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart etc. It`s a liquid detergent for the gentle cycle or hand washing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by OJ_GTI

For Canadians, Woolite is called Zero - you should find it near the Tide etc. in Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart etc. It`s a liquid detergent for the gentle cycle or hand washing.

Thanks! THAT`S probably why I`d never seen it or heard of it before coming to Autopia. D`oh!

So how exactly is it used? I`ve heard the 6:1 water to woolite dilution mentioned often. So is it mixed in a spray bottle and sprayed onto interior carpet and seats and then you just scrub, scrub, scrub? (sorry to get off topic... fabric cleaning is still one of the last areas I have yet to master... along with wheelwells).

Post Thanks / Like
    So how exactly is it used? I`ve heard the 6:1 water to woolite dilution mentioned often. So is it mixed in a spray bottle and sprayed onto interior carpet and seats and then you just scrub, scrub, scrub?

Yup..that is exactly how I use it. Its a great leather cleaner and its so cheap. 1 part woolite to 6 parts water.

:up
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    OK...I remember seeing that bottle in Costco.......now I just have to have the time to go snag some!!

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GSRstilez

GSRstilezâ€â„¢s Hall of Fame Products (aka My Favorites)

Rims, Tires, Wells

-Tire Dressing â€â€œ Poorboyâ€â„¢s Bold â€ËœN Bright

-Wheel Well Dressing â€â€œ Meguiarâ€â„¢s Hyper Dressing diluted 2:1 in a high volume sprayer

Curious as to your preference of Meg`s HD over PB`s B`n`B for wheel well dressing. What does Meg`s do or PB`s not do to cause you to split the duties.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information