Post Thanks / Like
    I just spent most of the day getting out swirls and scratches from the CWB:down from now on i`ll just be drying my car off with a MF drying towel:up But short story I used 3M rubbing compund flowed by 1Z PP with a rotory PC. I still have some noticable scratchs that you can see at different angles of sunlight. I`m about to apply 1Z MP with Pinnacle as a topper. What polish/wax will fill in very fine scratchs??????Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    While the MP and many LSPs (especially wax) will fill *a little*, they don`t do all that much.

I`d do more polishing with the RC/PP myself, unless they`re too deep for that. And in that case they`re probably too deep to fill also. You sometimes have to do a *lot* of work to remove marring with the PC.

Oh, and remember that the same kind of marring you can get from a CWB can happen with a WWMF if you wipe instead of blot. It comes from having some dirt (still) on the paint that gets rubbed between the CWB/towel and the finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the CWB for over 2 years now, and I`ve never had any scratches result from it. I used to work at a body shop and I used it there when I`d wash cars, and even on freshly painted black cars, I would never see any scratches result from use of the CWB. You just have to go easy with it, and make sure there is no dirt or anything on the blade or the paint.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by White95Max

I`ve used the CWB for over 2 years now, and I`ve never had any scratches result from it.... You just have to go easy with it, and make sure there is no dirt or anything on the blade or the paint.

Yeah, same here. I use it on the MPV every time, and I haven`t marred it yet. I also use it on Accumulatorette`s A8, but there is a bit of marring that I suspect came from dirt getting between the CWB and the paint. Probably wouldn`t have happened if I`d been blotting with a WWMF, but it`s not gonna prevent me from using the CWB on those vehicles. I don`t use it on the S8 or the Jag though...

Thread Information