Post Thanks / Like
    I`ts a cold day here in New England, so I`m sitting around looking for something to do. I come up with the idea to detail a few cars,my Tony Stweart die cast collection. I used 1Z Raindance Lackfinish. It worked awesome!! What a shine!! I have a few chrome color cars and they just sparkle!! My wife came downstairs and saw what I was up to and she thinks I really need to seek some professional help. I told her that detailing is the only therapy I need!! If anyone else out there is looking for something to do on a crappy day, this is a pretty way to spend some time!!! LOL. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine too! BUT she is happy I`m just out in the driveway and not in some bar, or drag racing, or ...

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s what I tell her too....there are worse things I could be doing, plus she doesn`t seem to mind driving a nicley detailed vehicle either!!!

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jimtriz

That`s what I tell her too....there are worse things I could be doing, plus she doesn`t seem to mind driving a nicley detailed vehicle either!!!

Agree, someone said "Its my golf" with the advantage that its not usually an all day/all week-end thing...
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also you are at home... The kids can come out and sit in the pack and play and watch and learn.. It is not just hte sealant bonding.....

Post Thanks / Like
    too funny - therapy it is!!! my wife, my friends, my neigbors, my parents... all think I am crazy. Wife had to move around stuff in the back hall closet to make room for all the waxes, polishes, MF`s, and terry towels (all on separate shelves of course). It is a great hobby that many autopians turn into business opportunties.
    2007 Ford F-150 Lariat SCrew 4x4

Post Thanks / Like
    To all the significant others of a confirmed detailing fanatic:

It is much better to have your detailing fanatic in the garage rubbing fenders than in a bar rubbing other curvacious figures!

Post Thanks / Like
    Reminds me of the Lexus (or some luxury brand) commercial where the guy goes out driving then sprays not-her-brand perfume on before going inside. She smells the perfume and knows he`s been out driving again...

Post Thanks / Like
    That was a funny commercial.

Dude comes home at sunrise. Sprays some womens perfume on his cloths, untucks his shirt, messes up his hair, and walks in. She looks at him and says "Uh, nice try but, you have been out driven all night again!!"
    2004 Cobra

466rwhp/481rwtq

2003 Accord

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah my soon to be ex wife would always complain"your spending to much time on that damn car"couple of days later she`s asking me to detail hers.
    Sean L. Searls

03 Mitsu. EVOVIII

Thread Information