Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought/am buying (put deposit down, just waiting for them to get the title from the RMV...they just bought it a few weeks ago so yeah...) an 89 Firebird Formula....with the exception of 2 small dings, the body is in great shape! The paint on the other hand could be better....oxidation here and there, faded a little bit....just doesnt really look as good as it could.....i know it really just needs to be repainted, but i wont worry about that till spring. The paint isnt peeling or chipping off, so its not a problem really....

What can you guys suggest i do? No PC, just an orbital buffer, doesnt need to turn out perfect, just would like it to look better....Cant/Dont want to order anything off the web, so i`ll only use stuff I can buy in Wal Mart/Target/AutoZone/Advance Auto/Pep Boys....i know it limits my selection from some of the better stuff, but hey....its all i can do....I`ve heard the Klasse AIO is real good for this kinda stuff, but you cant buy it in stores, can you? Anything like that i could buy? Crappy pics but you can SORTA get the general idea of the condition.....

Thanks

Chris

http://home.comcast.net/~speedingpen...icture003.jpeg

http://home.comcast.net/~speedingpen...icture004.jpeg

http://home.comcast.net/~speedingpen...icture009.jpeg

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Chris ! I f you must shop locally, get some Gold Class Car wash,Any Clay bar system, Meg`s Color X for the oxidation and Some Meg`s NXT.. If you can only shop locally then that should certainly help you out.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice ride. I always liked that year Formula. As for local shopping, don`t forget local auto-body & paint stores or your local NAPA or CarQuest. Many times they have a terrific selection of Meguiars or 3M pro-line stuff. If that`s the case, definitely grab some DACP and/or SFP for polishing, MPPC for cleaning, and MPPP and/or #16 for a top coat. I think you`d be pretty pleased with what you can accomplish with that line-up. If they don`t have #16 go with the MPPP or head over to your local Harley dealership for a jar of S100 paste wax.

Thread Information