Post Thanks / Like
    This is a detail I did today, I was hurried a bit and just bought the Xpress wax yesterday. I thought well I should give it a try, plus I was already bending over backwards for the customer. I applied the Xpress with a Hi-speed rotary. Man talk about easy on- easy off and a nice gloss, this is a speed detail product, great if you are running a wash-wax special. Only downside is it is thin and I had alot of sling but it came off easy and is not white. 1 gallon will go a long way.

Cost: $21 1 gallon

Texture: Thin watery like

Color: light yellow

Protection: 2-3 weeks

"I think my blood is a Carnauba Prototype"

Post Thanks / Like
    If the protection is only 2-3 weeks, I can`t see that it is worth it. How did you determine the durability?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t, just an educated guess in comparison to other waxes. It is a blend of waxes and polymer agents. It is a speed product, like I said more for use in specials or someting like that. I like the product, wouldn`t use it on a full detail but for $40 wash and wax it`s perfect... but it does need to be tested more for durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also interested in the durabitlity. It is cheap enough a gallon to get a lot of wash n wax specials in.

Keep us posted.
    Trent Byrd

Down N` Dirty Auto Detailing-Owner

Perfection is my standard!

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to chime in, our Express wax is not formulated to be long lasting wax, it`s formulated to be a fast and easy to use wax for Express Details. Express Details are basically for car that come out of Tunnel Washes and the customer gets their car dried, tires dressed and paint waxed. It`s a quicky detail. In most cases, it doesn`t cost a lot and it`s not about removing defects or anything like that, it`s about making the paint shiny and glossy quickly. It also can be used on a wet car which helps to speed things up as cars coming out of a tunnel wash are wet and typically the dryers know they don`t have to get every little bit of water off before apply this product and they still get great results.

Durability is always determined by the environment the car is exposed to and how it`s taken care of. It`s a great product when used for what it`s intended to be used on.

I switched a "Hanna Car Wash" in Beaverton, Oregon over to Express wax by simply leaving them a sample and letting them compare it to what they were previously using. They loved it!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I can probably apply and remove #16 just as quickly and I know it lasts. I`m not really competing with the `tunnel` car washes anyway.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

I can probably apply and remove #16 just as quickly

I would agree with you on this Scott, you probably can.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

I can probably apply and remove #16 just as quickly and I know it lasts. I`m not really competing with the `tunnel` car washes anyway.

I think the issue here is cost and ease of use. You can certainly use #16 but compare it to a gallon of Xpress and the amount of uses that come out of it and the portion cost will definitely be in favor of Xpress. That is why I repeat the importance of use in the manor of a Quick wash and wax.

Thread Information