Post Thanks / Like
    The shoe polish I use is a thick black cream (obviously has some dye in it) and I wonder how well it would work on black rubber auto trim. It`s a Kiwi product, but a thick cream, not their thin liquid which would make a mess.

The handy container has a small foam applicator as well...should I give it a try? My RX-7 trim has 2 faded spots that didn`t stand up to the re-paint a couple years back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Rotary. I can`t say I have ever tried shoe polish on my exterior trim, but you might want to look at the link below to read up on a dye especially made for exterior trim called Forever Black.

http://www.properautocare.com/cohifato.html

I just have some doubts about how long shoe polish would last in rain and sun and if it would bleed dye when wet.

Check out the link and good luck!
    Later ......

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RedondoV6

Rotary. I can`t say I have ever tried shoe polish on my exterior trim, but you might want to look at the link below to read up on a dye especially made for exterior trim called Forever Black.

http://www.properautocare.com/cohifato.html

I just have some doubts about how long shoe polish would last in rain and sun and if it would bleed dye when wet.

Check out the link and good luck!

I`ll surely give it a read...I`ve used a bunch of different trim products over the years and I`m wondering if the shoe cream will get me good results and how long it willl last (I`m new to the forums, not new to detailing at all).

I`ll try it this weekend and see what happens...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I had a chance to do apply the cream this morning and it worked great!! I cleaned the area with a wax free QD (mothers showtime, love the spice smell) and applied the shoe cream. Then I rubbed it in with a terry cloth towel, and buffed with another towel slightly dampened with QD (to remove any residue from the cream).

The surface was left with a clean satin finish and the stains were gone...we`ll see how long it holds up. The fact that the product contains dye and has a thick cream consistency was a good combo. The foam applicator made it easy to apply and there was nothing to clean up.

Post Thanks / Like
    My camera wasn`t charged, so no before pics...but here is the how it came out...

Post Thanks / Like
    And the entire car (only the sides were done, they were the only faded/stained parts).

Thread Information