Post Thanks / Like
    Can`t make up my mind! I`ve always used Z5/2/FX on my truck before finding this site. I just finished 3x #80 on my truck by PC. Was still a lot of work even by machine! I`m not quite 100% happy with the results, and will probably try #83 next weekend. In the mean time I can`t make up my mind whether to try NXT, or just stick with my tried and true Zaino.

If I decide to go with the NXT and don`t like it... can I put Z5/2/FX on top of the NXT? Or will I have to try and remove that first?
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Well....I am kinda confused as why you used #80 before and now want to go to DACP (#83). If your swirls are completely removed with #80 then I wouldn`t see the need for DACP.

You are probably going to have to strip off the NXT before you apply Zaino. Something simple like Klasse AIO should do the trick.

Hope it helps..
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    if you don`t like nxt, you can send it to me. I`ll be happy to use it. Excellent product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies.

Pats300zx - I said I`m not 100% satisfied with the results. While #80 did take out most of the scratches... there are still a few trouble areas that have very minor scratches/oxidation looking areas. When I bought the products on Saturday, I couldn`t make up my mind whether to get the 80 or 83 -- after reading the Meguiar`s information, it seemed like all I needed was the #80. Now I`m thinking I needed 83 first. Someone on this forum told me I could try 3-4 passes with 80, and if I didn`t like the result, then I could go with 83.

tdekany -- LOL. I`m still sitting out in my garage surfing the forums trying to make up my mind whether to open this bottle of NXT, or just put on Z5 from one of the many bottles of Zaino products I have sitting here ;-) I keep thinking I`ve made up my mind about one or the other... then I switch my mind.
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    I like #80 but I find it difficult to remove. Do any of you find it to be finicky?
    "I think my blood is a Carnauba Prototype"

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t have any problems removing it. I applied it with a PC and removed it with mf towels. Did you leave it on there a while?
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by redfish

.......after reading the Meguiar`s information, it seemed like all I needed was the #80. Now I`m thinking I needed 83 first. Someone on this forum told me I could try 3-4 passes with 80, and if I didn`t like the result, then I could go with 83.......
    It`s better to start out with a less agressive polish and then step up to a more abrasive pad or polish if needed, you made the right choice for just starting out. If #80 didn`t remove all the defects you can switch to #83 for a more agressive cut. I would start out with a polish pad before moving to an orange pad. DACP (#83) takes longer to work than #80, work #83 at a fast PC speed but with slow arm passes until it dusts away. Sometimes I follow up #83 with #80 if needed.
    John

Thread Information