Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using the Sonus clay and Glyde Lubricant and like that combo very much. However, the Front bumper and Front spoiler on my Bimmer were obviously not well taken care of prior to my ownership of the vehicle.

I don`t think the Sonus clay packs enough "punch" to deliver the desired results on the front of the car. Does anyone have any experience with Sonus clay versus other options that may be slightly more "aggressive"? I do, however, love the ease of use of the Sonus clay, so I`d prefer a product with similar "user friendly" qualities.

Thanks!
    Eric

Austin IT Recruiter Guy

" Whoa, that`s a LOT of Red!!" - 328ci

Post Thanks / Like
    Not the answer you`re looking/hoping for, but if the Sonus clay won`t do what you want then the job is probably something you oughta use a different approach on. You can try a more aggressive clay (an "overspray clay") but I`d just go with a polish/paint cleaner/compound. If the Sonus can`t do it it`s not a job for clay. Just my $0.02...

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, that answer helps quite a bit accumulator. Thanks! Why kill myself with 150 passes of clay to no avail if that`s not what the situation calls for?

I just ordered a whole mess of products from David to try out. Perhaps I`ll spot compound the front of the bimmer with 3M Perfect-It rubbing compound. Does anyone know which retail chains might carry the 3M perfect-it line, if any?

Thanks again!
    Eric

Austin IT Recruiter Guy

Post Thanks / Like
    what are you trying to removed/fix/clean?????? I have been using Mothers clay bar, works great for me. Ate up tree sap that has been sitting happy all over ther car for almost two years....my.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by texas328ci

Perhaps I`ll spot compound the front of the bimmer with 3M Perfect-It rubbing compound. Does anyone know which retail chains might carry the 3M perfect-it line, if any?

Only places I`ve ever found it locally were autopaint/body supply places. These days I just order it online (much easier). Both the PI-II FCRC and the PI-III RC will fit the bill, though I prefer the PI-III stuff (pn 05933). It`s pretty mild, but I`d still try a less aggressive product first. And you will have to follow up with a milder product to remove the RC`s micromarring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Accumulator

Only places I`ve ever found it locally were autopaint/body supply places. These days I just order it online (much easier). Both the PI-II FCRC and the PI-III RC will fit the bill, though I prefer the PI-III stuff (pn 05933). It`s pretty mild, but I`d still try a less aggressive product first. And you will have to follow up with a milder product to remove the RC`s micromarring.
    No question I`ll follow up with a nice polish and probably a final polish. I did a quick google search on auto body paint supply and found 4 locations in Austin. I`ll have to call them up and see if they carry the 3M lines. Thanks again Accumulator!
    Eric

Austin IT Recruiter Guy

Thread Information