Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve searched for this answer and also looked in the reviews section with no luck.

My questions is does either of these contain ammonia? Are they safe to use on tinted windows?

Thanks in advance.

PK

Post Thanks / Like
    As a partial answer to your question, from the instructions on AG Car Glass Polish:

"DO NOT use on acrylic, plastic or film tinted windows or mirrors.(Autoglym Fast Glass is ideal for these surfaces)."

Post Thanks / Like
    I am far from an expert, but most likely, there are strong solvents in the glass polish, that will damage plastics after repeated use.

Post Thanks / Like
    The glass polish smells like it could burst into flames at any given moment I wouldnt use it on tint.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ran out of glass polish a few months back, and havn`t had time to buy more, I do have some fast glass, read the label and it says

"Fast glass is a super cleaner free of abrasives, waxes, silicones and leaves no residues"

"Ideal for all glass, glass substitutes, mirrors, plastics and paintwork - inside and out"

I`m still none the wiser, does it contain ammonia?, will it damage my tints?

Has anyone used this on their tints?

Thanks for the replies.

PK

Post Thanks / Like
    DO NOT USE Autoglym Glass Polish on plastic or tint film. It does contain ammonia and the abrasives are too harsh for plastics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by scottabir

The glass polish smells like it could burst into flames at any given moment I wouldnt use it on tint.

Had a chuckle when I read this, it is so true :lol

I used the glass polish with a PC and 4" pads on two cars yesterday with very stubborn road film and I still smelled of the solvents it contains a few hours later.

Not an everyday use product for me, but if you do try it, look the dirt it pulls off "clean" glass, especially if used with a PC, it is very impressive. One tip, use it before a full shampoo, it can leave some powder behind, which is easily rinsed off when you wash
    Later ......

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting, I find by using it with a PC, I get very little powder compared to hand.

One thing I tried during the summer was to clean the windscreen completely with the Autoglym and PC, I then re-polished by hand half the glass. I let it dry and buffed in the normal way, whilst there did not seem to be any improvement in the shine, rain water did seem to flow off the glass much more easily on the hand polished side

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Lowejackson

Interesting, I find by using it with a PC, I get very little powder compared to hand.

One thing I tried during the summer was to clean the windscreen completely with the Autoglym and PC, I then re-polished by hand half the glass. I let it dry and buffed in the normal way, whilst there did not seem to be any improvement in the shine, rain water did seem to flow off the glass much more easily on the hand polished side

Thats interesting. Do you think it could be because hand application leaves more of the solvents on the surface of the glass and that may be the cause of the improved beading? :nixweiss
    Later ......

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I think somethink is left behind but I dont know what. Autoglym dont make any claims for added protection.

Thread Information