Post Thanks / Like
    I am about to purchase some microfiber drying towels from the Autopia Store but I’m not sure which ones to buy. Both towels seem very similar except, the Ultimate Drying Towel is a 80/20 blend verses the Der Wunder Drying Towel which is a 70/30. I’m sure that both of these towels are excellent, but which one is the preferred towel?

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the Der Wunder towel (blue) and loved them but thought they could be a little softer. I ordered the Ultimate towel (yellow) and really really loved them as they were softer and worked just as good but after a few washes they started to fall apart on me. David did replace the ones I used with the blue ones but had I known that the Der Wunder towel was the same towels that I already had (I purchsed my originals from West Coast Corvette/Adams Polish in Carlisle.) I think I would have went with the yellow ones again and just washed them by hand. So to answer your question, it depends on what is more important to you, softness or durability. If its softness get the Ultimate, durability get the blue. Another reason I like the Ultimate towels better is because they can be used with quick detailer as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Duke don`t rule out the Waffle Weave from Pakshak, I have found it durable .. soft and very absorbant.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    I am more interested in the Sonus towels because I plan on placing the order at the autopia store.

Post Thanks / Like
    ...these are some of my favorite towels. They never lose their absorption or softness and they`re on sale.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/pupadrtoset.html

Thanks, MacGirl !
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tom p.

...these are some of my favorite towels. They never lose their absorption or softness and they`re on sale.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/pupadrtoset.html

Thanks, MacGirl !

I looked at those just now, looked interesting and was going to order BUT , trouble is on sale for $13.95 .. shipping $15 .. not too Canadian friendly.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my Der Wunder WW towels. Though they are much better before your wife takes one and cleans the backyard Grill with it!?! :shocked Ugh...and there was a cheapo walmart MF drying towel right under it...she could have at least used that one.

Tom P, I may have to pick up a few of those PP towels! Looks like quite a bargain if they are that good.
    Eric

Austin IT Recruiter Guy

" Whoa, that`s a LOT of Red!!" - 328ci

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my Sonus ww drying towel, I have no problems with durability, I just wash them on the gentle cycle or handwash cycle.
    Sean L. Searls

03 Mitsu. EVOVIII

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Ultimate drying towel and love it. I have the older gray one and can honestly say that its the best WW MF I have ever used and I have had a lot of them. The purple passion does have my interest peaked but being that this is MN and all the washing I am going to be doing going forward is going to be a quarter car wash I cant see spending the money on more towels right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by oaevo8u

I love my Sonus ww drying towel, I have no problems with durability, I just wash them on the gentle cycle or handwash cycle.

The blue Sonus towels are SUPER durable, it is the yellow Ultimate towel that is not as durable. Unfortunately I liked the yellow Ultimate towels better since they are softer and can double as QD rags and even wipe polish off with them. I have not seen any evidence that the blue one scratch but I wish they were a little softer.

Post Thanks / Like
    agentf: Why is it that the Ultimate towel can be used with QD while the Wunder cant?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by duke727

agentf: Why is it that the Ultimate towel can be used with QD while the Wunder cant?

The Ultimates (yellow) are MUCH softer and actually sold in a smaller size as QD and polish removal towels. The Blue ones seem to be more of drying only type towel IMHO. I doubt anybody uses the blue ones for anything but drying. If you do please chime in. I love the yellow ones but just wish they were tougher. I may actually buy more and just hand wash them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Geez, I wish I had read this thread a few days ago. I just ordered the "ultimates". But, for me, durability is more important than softness. I wash my car a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Uncle

Geez, I wish I had read this thread a few days ago. I just ordered the "ultimates". But, for me, durability is more important than softness. I wash my car a lot.

Be gentle! Don`t shake to hard when soaking wet and watch putting them in a washing machine. They tend to pull more than the blue ones too, but having black cars I feel more comfortable using the ultimates. They are both nice towels so either way you really can`t go wrong.

Thread Information