Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought the PC 7336SP today and I`m looking for solid direction as to what to buy next.

I`m thinking I should buy the Sonus Pad kit offered here on Autopia. If I do, does that cover the plate I see people saying I need? Do I need a counterwieght??

Here`s the present condition of my car:

Zaino`ed

Graphite Grey IS300

Few minor scratches that I would like removed with help of PC.

What product do I need to get the Zaino off??

The only product I have is 3M Perfect It Swirl Remover for Dark Colored Cars.

I`m thinking I need #83 then use what?? I`m kind of lost as to what products to go with. I do know I want to finish with Zaino.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, there are a lot of different avenues you could take here.

First, keep in mind that these are only my opinions and I`m sure you will get quite a few other opinions in addition to mine.

Pads: Sonus kit is the way to go. I bought one full kit and one additional orange pad, two additional green pads, and two additional blue pads. I would say at least have two of each or you will eventually run out of pads when you need them most. The stock 5" counterweight is the best choice for the Sonus pad kit.

As far as what product/s you need, that`s going to be up to you. You definitely need some polishes to get you started. You can stick with Zaino as your sealant, but again that`s up to you. I personally, prefer 1Z polishes over most everything else, but that`s just my opinion. #83 (DACP) will work great too. If you choose that route, just follow up with some #80 and you should be ready for your sealant. On the other hand, if you choose 3M products (another one of my favorites), I`d go with 3M PI III RC and 3M PI III MG. Unless you just want to hide imperfections in your paint, I would say that your SMR is going to just sit on the shelf from now on. Hope this helps a little.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Sonus pad kit plus a few additional pads and the 7336 from Lowes. Nice pads and I agree that you need to buy extras. I bought an extra blue and green along with a couple more MF bonnets and it is working out.

7336 comes with a 6" counterweight, BTW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TW85 HHI

7336 comes with a 6" counterweight, BTW.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Well, you will probably want to buy a 5" piece then. Coastal tool has them cheap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me add another vote for the sonus pads and 1Z polishes. I`m a pc newbie and found the polishes easy to work with and was happy with the results. Those are the only polishes I`ve used besides aio and a few otc polishes so sorry if I can`t say more.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I`m going to ghet the Sonus Pads for sure assuming they will work with my 7336.

With this I should also buy a 5" counterweight???

What`s wrong with the stock 6" counterweight???

I`m thinking using the Meguire`s route with the mentioned #83 followed by #80 then moving to Zaino. Are these combo`s going to set me up with results I like??

Thanks in advanced

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    I though the 6" counterweight reduced vibration compared to the 5" one, even with the 5" BP? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JohnnyDaJackal

I though the 6" counterweight reduced vibration compared to the 5" one, even with the 5" BP? :nixweiss

I`m with you Johnny. I use the 6" counter weight with the Sonus pads and backing plate with no problems, even on speed 6 and I often hold the PC with just one hand (on horizontal surfaces).
    Later ......

Mike

Thread Information