Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I used my orange pad yesterday, now wondering how do I clean it or take care of it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I found the Sonus pads to be easy to clean. For the cutting pad I used, I took some dish soap in my hand, then rubbed it on the surface of the pad. Then started kneading the polish out of the pad under warm water. Some with the back of my fingernails, some with my thumbs. After the pad turned back to orange, I folded it in half and gave it one good wring, then set it down to air dry.

Post Thanks / Like
    I toss my dirty pads into a bucket of water with a lot of Dawn in it while I`m polishing the rest of the vehicle. Shove the under the surface and squeeze them a few times. This will start the cleaning process and make it easier in the end because the pads never get a chance to dry out.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the product is caked, I spray it down with a water hose (jet stream) to get most of it off then use Tide Free and agitate with my fingers until it looks clean. Then I rinse out most of the soap in warm water and slap the pad on the PC set at 6 and let it do the rest. Be careful not to have it near your face when you do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use sort of a combination of the above. I`ll first run the PC on 1 and run a soft brush over it to remove caked on product. I`ll then soak it in a bucket of dawn for a while. Sometimes after I`m working the pad in dawn to get them clean, I`ll use a fresh mix to finish them off.

After rinsing them I pat them dry, then put them on a rotary and spin them in a bucket to get the excess moisture out (the bucket keeps you, your garage, and freshly prepped car from getting splattered!).

I`ll let them air dry as needed face down on a clean towel on a wire rack type of shelf. When done I slip them into zip-lock bags with the product I use them for written on it.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep a bucket of soap and water next to you while you polish. Once you finished with the pad, spray it with the hose, it should remove 99% of the product. Then dunk it in the bucket and little rub the surface.

Its easiet to clean them right after you use them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by L33

Keep a bucket of soap and water next to you while you polish. Once you finished with the pad, spray it with the hose, it should remove 99% of the product. Then dunk it in the bucket and little rub the surface.

I`ll second that :up
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read someone here spray the pad with Simple Green before tossing in the bucket with dawn. I personally do that now and don`t have problem getting the stuff off.

Post Thanks / Like
    I rinse w/water than throw them in the washing machine. I`m a enthusiast and don`t need to clean them daily, weekly or even monthly, FYI.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just started using the Meg cordless polisher and pads. Following their instructions of simply putting the pad in a bagie and not sealing it I have found to have no problems. I just tap out the loose stuff before using it the next time. I have only done this three times so maybe I am in for a surprise....hope not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by L33

This is what pretty much what I do too.

Hose down, soak in bucket with car shampoo or dawn solution, agitate with hand, rinse, dry by pressing between folded terry towels, then air dry.
    Later ......

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a one gallon plastic bucket at Home Depot. I put one ounce of Sonus Der Wunder Wasche or one ounce of Micro-Restore in it and fill it nearly full with water. I wash my foam pads in this and then rinse them out with clean water.

Then I throw my MF towels in the bucket and wash them. I then wring them out as best I can and throw them in the washer with Woolite and a vinegar rinse. Everything comes out very nice and clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveOst
    I bought a one gallon plastic bucket at Home Depot. I put one ounce of Sonus Der Wunder Wasche or one ounce of Micro-Restore in it and fill it nearly full with water. I wash my foam pads in this and then rinse them out with clean water.

Then I throw my MF towels in the bucket and wash them. I then wring them out as best I can and throw them in the washer with Woolite and a vinegar rinse. Everything comes out very nice and clean.

sounds pretty comprehensive :thumbs up:

i just bought some DP Pad Rejuvenator, not sure how often Ill end up using it- will know in a couple weeks...

Post Thanks / Like
    I put them in the washing machine on the gental/handwash cycle with some liquid tide & simple green, if you have a soak cycle use that before running it through the wash. Air dry then store in a ziplock baggie. Works great even on dried on crud.

Post Thanks / Like
    I place them in the washing machine with detergent, an APC (simple green/Costco`s APC) and place white vinegar in the rinse cycle. They come out beautiful every time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information