Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    This my new approach to keeping cats off of my car. My God my paint is suffering!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope the shine blinds them! :xyxthumbs
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is the wrong picture. It is after my complete detail including attempting best to remove the scratches, and finishing with the Klasse twins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you sure you`re not going have issues with the wind? A cover would be the same amount of hassle. Hope the cat doesn`t go on the roof

Post Thanks / Like
    Man your neighbors must think you are nuts, for putting a bed sheet on your hood. I would do the same thing if I a small animal problem.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps the car cover would be a little less inconspicuous. Then again if it`s established by his neighbors already that Carl is crazy, doesn`t really matter what he puts on it car/does to it

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I resemble those remarks. I have no question that the neighbors think I am crazy. I live on a one lane road on the water almost in downtown Seattle. I`ll be out detailing any one of our 3 vehicles for hours at a time, and they smile as they drive by. As far as a car cover is concerned, it just isn`t feasible. This is Seattle, and once my cover is wet I can`t just put it in the trunk. And it takes days to dry it out, and I do not have a good place, like a garage, to put it. Of course, if I had a garage I would not need to worry about cats. My hope is that the scat matt will train the cats, and this whole dressing the car at night exercise will no longer be necessary.

What disturbs me to no end is that yesterday I saw our own cat "Cubby" on my hood. I know he wants the warmth, but doesn`t he have any respect and appreciate all I`ve done for him? He also knows that I am a veterinarian, and though retroactive birth control is our of the question in this case, he must know I am well versed on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a similar problem with a neighbor`s cat. Becasue of having a supercharger, my hood was always the warmest in the neighborhood. I politely asked her to keep her cat inside (as the law required), and it just escalated from there. It eventually came to animal control catching her cat outside, trapping it and taking it in. It was a $600+ fine for her to get it back, and I don`t know that she ever did.

I felt bad for the cat, but it was ridiculous. The law was clear that a cat cannot be let to run free and she felt that she was entitled to let her`s do so (and nearly every neighbor around us had a cat-all kept inside). So, she paid the price. It was a 3 month ordeal eventually involving the Police, Animal Control, and the courts.

And every time I see the scratches on the window trim, I think of how irresponsible she was to let her animal tear up my property and her only comment was `So, cats get on cars. Big deal`. I should have sued her for the $400+ it would cost to replace the trim (the car was a month old when this started).
    `06 Honda Ridgeline

Post Thanks / Like
    A little pre-emptive warning . . . about two or three times a year, a thread is started asking about cat scratches and remedies. The threads have almost always gone rapidly downhill when someone (jokingly or not) starts advocating cruelty to animals as a solution. Please, keep this one on topic (car covers, how to remove scratches, humane methods of deterring the little fuzzballs, etc.).

Posts advocating cruelty will be deleted without notice.

Thanks,

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Covers instead of cruelty :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill, I do not consider the scat pad cruelty. The problem with a cover alone is it just makes a more inviting surface for a cat to rest. And the entire car cover is simply not practical. So what I need to do is train the cats. I have had the pad only on my hood for a couple of weeks, and I think it is working. Probably soon I will be able to just put a decoy such as a similarly sized bath towel, and then perhaps nothing. There are plently of other cars in the immediate vicinity for the cats to perch on where the owner will probably not even notice.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could always get a few motion sensitive sprinklers and set them up in a perimiter around the car and set the spray area so it doesn`t hit the car. That should keep all the pesky animals away.

http://tinyurl.com/6v6p6

Post Thanks / Like
    How about a proximity switch to set off some sort of noise making alarm. Maybe an ultra high frequency above the audible range of your neighbors.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could always get a few motion sensitive sprinklers and set them up in a perimiter around the car and set the spray area so it doesn`t hit the car. That should keep all the pesky animals away.
    I wonder if the mail man would like that

Post Thanks / Like
    My mail man would get it for delivering the mail 7 and 8:00 at night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information