Post Thanks / Like
    OK, so today I have a video shoot in the city...I had crew meet me on location and I drove my 5 ton grip truck to location (18` Mitsu Fuso). I usually have a grip or PA drive it to location but decided to do it myself today....First thing is my crew are a bunch of pigs...this thing had food wrappers, hald fishned waters and soda and a host of other carp in and and the exterior wasnt much better.

Shoot gioes fine, we wrap and I drive the truck home, almost...stop at Autozone and bought a slew of detaolign stuff then on to the coin op. After waiting 15 minutes for miss thing who was making it her lifes work to clean the wheels of her 1978 "la bamba" I attacked....30 minutes and 15.00 in quarters later ths thing is spotless...I did inside, outside, under, fliiped the bcab and didn the motor then hot it all with tire shine and armor all...I knwo have the cleanest production truck in AZ, probably the whole southwest.

Next shoot, crew is getting a talkign to about respecting my property...thes e guys make a damn good day rate ($375.00-450.00 a day) and they need to clean up aftehr themselves

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d be the same way.

Don`t feel bad.

Any pics

Post Thanks / Like
    I felt pretty bad when I finally got to finish the 26` Freightliner camera truck for a local TV station. I had polished and waxed 2/3rds of it in July and then I had to take my younger son back to his Mom`s in Kentucky. I get back Monday of the next week and the truck is in Oxnard at the Cowboy`s training camp. It arrives back in town, I set up a time to finish it then the hurricanes start coming, so the truck takes off to Florida for 6 weeks or so. Finally it is back to stay, I go down to polish and wax the other 1/3rd and of course, it obviously hadn`t been washed at all. Oh well, since I wasn`t getting paid to rewash even the 1/3rd that I hadn`t waxed, I just cleaned that side before polishing and waxing it.

One side looked great, the other side was all grimey. I kind of felt bad but I got over it quick. Someone should have bothered to tell me the truck wouldn`t be there when I got back from Kentucky. I would have stayed that night the week before and finished it (even though that probably would have been 4 am).

Worst thing is, I know they will wait until it is completely oxidized again before having the outside detailed again. I mentioned to the guy that it should be done 2-3 times a year and he said he wished he could but the people above him will just wait until it looks terrible before coughing up the money to polish/wax it again. Ugh.

I feel your pain, Kevmo and that camera truck isn`t even mine.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information