Thread: product storage

Post Thanks / Like
    Which products can be safely left in an unheated garage all year long? Some products say do not allow to freeze, but most don`t give useful info.

My wife thinks all this c**p belongs in the garage not in the basement or anywhere else in the house, so it would be helpful to know which can be safely left out there.

Otherwise I may have to sneak stuff back and forth to my office.

Post Thanks / Like
    This probably won`t help you much, however each product is different. Depending on what type of emulsion it is and how the product is held together by the emulsifiers, some products can withstand a freeze/thaw cycle some can`t.

If you are lucky, all you need to do is shake up the container afte they have thawed and they will go back into suspension and work fine.

Some products will completely fall apart and no matter how much shaking you do after they thaw, they will never go back together.

My only suggestion would be not to let them freeze or email the manufacturers to see if they have done freeze/thaw tests on their products. If they have done the tests, they can easily give you the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    try and leave your products in a stable tempature.If you have a basement you can leave them in that`s good but to have your products freeze and then heat up will not do them very good

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jvcn

My wife thinks all this c**p belongs in the garage not in the basement or anywhere else in the house, so it would be helpful to know which can be safely left out there.

Actually to solve the problem .. tell the wife you will gladly leave all the crap in the garage all winter and you will make her a shelf right beside it for her makeup.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    If your unheated garage gets down below 45 degrees during the winter then it`s better to just store everything in your basement.

Thread Information