Post Thanks / Like
    For the wife`s new black Tahoe, I`m interested in the longest lasting wax or combination with basically normal products. I spend a lot of time detailing and tweaking my Vette. Her`s is a truck. I washed, clay bar, stripped, and did 1x NXT within about a week after getting the truck. That was 3 weeks ago. I just want something I can protect the paint and maybe once a year make it look really good. I`m not buying something that requires a 2nd mortgage for her truck. I`m looking for longevity, not absolute perfection.

I should add, she takes it to the local so called "touchless" car place about once a week. I`ve never been there and likely never will, so I don`t know what touchless means. It doesn`t appear to be too bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say Zaino or Klasse Twins will give you the best durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=43899

is the location of a long running thread on the Detailing forum about just this subject.

You might check it out. As a result of that thread I just ordered Collinite 476 to apply over the Klasse SG on my dad`s 02 Park Avenue.

The chatter about 476`s durability in the face of detergent is what led me to try it. We shall see!

Peter..in Denver

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ZaneO

I would say Zaino or Klasse Twins will give you the best durability.

Good advice from ZaneO. IMHO no other sealants have the proven track record of these two products when it comes to durability. Either would make a good choice!
    Later ......

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I will just throw out another possibility for you....

What about something that is so easy to apply that reapplication is not time consuming or problematic. I say this because even the great durability products don`t last forever. Maybe something like 1Z`s Glanz Wax would be good for you (or some carnauba based product like P21S or any other productst that are no finicky about the prep). It has good durability and is extremely easy to use. Since absolute perfection is not a requirement the reapplication of Glanz without polishing, claying, etc. would only take you 1/2 an hour or so on an average sized truck. The prep required is minimal (wash and dry) and the application is basically wipe on a panel, by the time you complete this you can start to buff it off where you first applied. Simple. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    COLLINITE or BLITZ WAX or NXTor MEG #16

Post Thanks / Like
    I would recomend the blue crayon, #16. 13$ lasts a very long time. Easy on easy off.

Post Thanks / Like
    You will have to be specific in terms of which type of "finish" product, such as natural wax (carnauba) or a synthetic (sealants such as zaino).

If it is a pure wax, then typically you could go for a blend that you will find in most auto parts stores, such as meguiars and mothers. It is adviseable that you will need to space out "layering" of wax over a couple of months, with applying it sparingly at each session, in order to get the most lasting effect.

If it is a synthetic, then I`d look at Zaino, because it is highly regarded as one of the longest lasting synthetics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not have fun with a sealant as a base and a long-lasting topper? The Klasse or Zaino makes for guaranteed longer protection and #16 or Collinite sits on top and can be easily renewed?

You`re also not preventing yourself from playing with less long-lasting toppers. If you`re reading Autopia, I doubt you can keep from doing SOMETHING in the next 6 months.

Thread Information