Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone used "Hi-Temp light cut leveler" ?

What was your experience ?

Is it the Same as Megs Fine Cut, DACP or 3M`s Finesse IT II ?

Hi-Temp claims to have really good products are they as good as 3M`s or Megs...

And Is DACP more potent (abrasive) than Meg`s Fine Cut ?

Thanks..just looking for some opinions

Post Thanks / Like
    Used it about a month ago on my Grand Prix. Really like it. Not real aggressive, used it with my little Wen Polisher, took out some light spider webbing I had on the trunk. My guess would be it is less abrasive than DACP, maybe real close to 3M FI II?

I haven`t used the others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I`d place it close to FI-II. Much less aggressive than the Meg`s #2 Fine Cut. A little milder than 3M PI-III RC, so probably a little milder than DACP too. Hi-Temp *does* make good products, Anthony O. uses them a lot. I sorta got away from the line, but there`s sure nothing wrong with it. If you need something with some cut to it, you might also get the Medium Cut, as I recall it`s milder than most products with that name.

Post Thanks / Like
    Light Cut can be used with mild results by hand or PC.

Step up to the rotary and a polishing pad and you have a more versatile and potent cleaner/swirl remover.

DACP is more of a mechanical cleaner while LC is more of a chemical cleaner, its base being a solvent.

Medium Cut (MC) is about 2 steps up from the LC and when used with the PC or by hand it may leave some light marring/hazing but if used with a rotary and a polishing pad one can go right to their final polishing/sealing step.

I use Hi-Temp and Menzerna products almost exclusively.

Accumulator ,

I have been contacted by Cyclo Tools to try out some new pads and carpet brushes for them. I should get them next week and I`ll be sure to post my findings. We are working on some new items to use for the Cyclo also, I hope they work as they just "MIGHT" replace the need for a rotary, at least up to the 1200 rpm range:bounce

Take care,

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, I don`t know how to thank you !!! Those of you who have answered are true AUTOPIANS!!! Thank you sooo much.

Recently I`ve discovered products by "prowax" since they are available localy and very easily I was wondering if any of you had any experiences with thier products.

On another note..

why is it that when I go to a paint/detailing shop

clay bars sell for 25 and online for 10-13

So far I`ve decided to use

HI-temp Medium cut with orange pad for some bad areas oxidation etc

or

PRoWAx creamy Cutter or perhaps Merzena depending on the vehicle -- waffle yellow pad circular

3M Finess it II -- white pad circular

3M SW Remover for black paint Or ProWax Swirl remover (allways finish with a swirl remover right ?) with -- white pad circular/PC

then AIO with white pad -PC

with SG grey finishing pad -- PC

topping it off with P21S or the Prowax liquid wax or Trade Secret..hand or PC

What do you guys think so far.

I need to remove some wirls, water spots, etching and some fine scratches...

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony- Hey, that`s *very* interesting about the new stuff for the Cyclo! Please keep us apprised. Heh heh, I keep putting off ordering more pads for it because of all the new options in the pipeline.

Fly3Far- I don`t think you`ll need the FI-II in there, just pick something a *little* more aggressive than a "swirlmark remover" to use after the Medium Cut and you can probably make it a two-step process. Don`t get too caught up in the names of the products, the last polish just needs to be something that leaves a ready-to-wax finish, whatever it`s called.

Thread Information