Post Thanks / Like
    Well I got quoted the price of $40 to detail my interior of my car, and said hell no!!! I`m going to pull it in the garage and go to town on it.

I have a pepboys down the street are their any products that are good for my interior? I have a 2002 SVT with part leather, part cloth seats + leather dash.

Also, I have no clue how to detail the interior of a car ;P Any guides online or articles?

Thanks for the replies in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do a search and download the autopia book, there should be a link to it on the main autopia.org page under downloads.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks didn`t even know they had a book.

Post Thanks / Like
    well that helped a bit, but was a bit of the obvious and the products are probably not sold in any local stores. Which leaves me still clueless as what to buy locally is good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vaccuum real well, then use 6 parts water to 1 part woolite, mixed in a spray bottle. Spray on any stains and scrub with a brush. Then take a rag and wip up the residue. You can also spray the woolite/water on a towel and wipe down all vinyl/leather to remove smudges or scuffs. You will then need to apply a protectant to the vinly/leather, you should be able to find armorall available locally, that would be a decent beginner product to start with. Apply that with a towel/spong to all your vinyl. Then you can do windows. Get some Stoner Invisible Glass, available at walmart. Spray on glass, wipe down with Mf towel, then wipe with a clean MF towel.

All products are available at walmart

MF towels-5for$5

Stoners-~3

Brush-~2

Armorall~$5

Woolite-~$3

Spray Bottle~$1

So for under 20 bucks you should be able to buy stuff that will give you a pretty good start at interior detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    As for carpets and floor mats -

You will need: Go to walmart and buy Castrol Super Clean ($6/gallon) and a blue and grey Nylon brush($2) for scrubbing the carpets and some spray bottles($2 ea x 2). The spray bottles at walmart aren`t very good but they are cheap, you may want to get some elsewhere. You will also Need a Wet/Dry Vac($60-100), I use Rigid ones from Home Depot and they are pretty nice.

Procdure:

1. Vaccum seats, carpets, and floor mats thoroughly

2. Spray Super Clean(diluted about 10:1 with water) on carpets and floor mats and let soak in for 2-3 mins.

3. Scrub carpets and floor mats with nylon brush.

4. Spray carpets and floor mats liberally with hot tap water.

5. Vaccum up water with the wet/dry vac.

Leather seats: try cleaning with woollite (diluted 6:1 with water) and use a leather conditioner of your choice(do a search) Turtle wax leather cleaner/conditioner is supposed to be good but I`ve never used it. For the cloth on the seats use the woollite and rub it with a microfiber and then spray with water and vaccum as you did the carpets. The fabric isn`t as tough as carpets so don`t use a nylon brush and be gentle.

Vinyl - try using armor all($5) and a microfiber($5) from walmart to clean and condition any vinyl. Any leather on the dash or door should be treated the same as the seats.

Windows - Use Stoners Invisible glass ($3.50) from Walmart and a microfiber.

That should take car of pretty much everything. If you have any other questions then do a search first and then ask. Everything I have said here is available on this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, what Robb Said.

Beat me to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    here is a good write up by gsrstilez about some hardcore interior detailing. hope this helps ya out. good luck

linky

Vernon

Post Thanks / Like
    Great minds think alike joburnet. We were probable typing at the same time

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome replies, thanks for all!!

One thing though, my car is fairly new. It was purchased in 2003 so the interior has no stains or anything like that. I`m not totally sure if you know the how the SVT interior is, but its leather seats with cloth. And the console is a leather/plastic I believe. When I took it to the carwash and they did partial interior they made the plastic/leather console + leather seats shine bright black for at least 2 weeks. What did they use for this??

Post Thanks / Like
    Your Vinyl Protectant is what gives you the shine, you can experiment w/ different brands to see what gives you the best level of shine/matte that you prefer. That is the fun of detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Lexol Vinyl and leather products give a very deep shine. I bought mine at Pep Boys. Prefer the duller shine and greater sun protection of 303 for all my dashes however.
    The perfect shine is

pure satisfaction.

Thread Information