Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    i would like to know what is tha least amount of supplies needed to detail a car? just a basic detail no paint correction. just basic interior exterior detail.

please help if this has been covered im sorry. ill do a better search next time.

TIA

luis

Post Thanks / Like
    How about the Klasse twins and an APC cleaner for the basic interior? Is that brief enough, Luis?
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    Exterior

Good quality soap

Hose

Degreaser/All Purpose Cleaner

Microfiber for drying

Interior

Vacuum

Microfibers and SAFE interior cleaner

Glass cleaner

Think that`s pretty basic.

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR: can be used to wash most if not all the car.... exterior, interior, glass

Vacuum, bucket and a ton of MF

Clay and a wax/sealant

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.
    How about the Klasse twins and an APC cleaner for the basic interior? Is that brief enough, Luis?

lol yes that is the shortes list ive seen by far. but i would like to know what products are needed to detail a car for myself i have an 08 civic. never been detailed only washed with this car soap from kragen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimZ28
    ONR: can be used to wash most if not all the car.... exterior, interior, glass

Vacuum, bucket and a ton of MF

thanks for that i will get some ONR next week when my check comes.

what about as far as getting the car to shine?

Post Thanks / Like
    If it were me, I`d use DG 901 car wash, Werkstat Prime Strong, and 303 F/V cleaner (diluted about 10/1). Add Werkstat Acrylic Glos for quick detail and glass cleaner and Werkstat Satin Prot for tires and trim.

Creating Parking Lot Envy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigluelok
    thanks for that i will get some ONR next week when my check comes.

what about as far as getting the car to shine?

To increase the shine from your ONR wash also order yourself a spray bottle of Optimum Car Wax. Great combo for a basic wash & wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaintPolisher
    To increase the shine from your ONR wash also order yourself a spray bottle of Optimum Car Wax. Great combo for a basic wash & wax.
    thank you i will be sure to pick up that also

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigluelok
    lol yes that is the shortes list ive seen by far. but i would like to know what products are needed to detail a car for myself i have an 08 civic. never been detailed only washed with this car soap from kragen.

OK, tell me how much I can spend. Does it have to be purchased at the local Kragen/Pepboi outlet?

Post Thanks / Like
    you dont have to buy each and every thing you hear mentioned all at once. try out a few different things and see what things you may like and once you find a few things you like and work well for you, stick with it.

meguiars natural shine protectant is under $5 at walmart (at least here) and leaves the dash clean and a sort of matte (natural) finish. May want to use a mf or terry towel dipped in water wrung out to go over the interior first to get any dirt and debris first.

Mequiars has their Gold Class car wash shampoo that is under $7 at walmart, and is a good car wash shampoo. They have different waxes and sealants and a pretty good selection at Walmart and other auto parts stores. Mothers, mequiars etc.. make good products for the average car owner that just wants their car to be clean and looking good and are not too concerned about it 100% swirl free.

-Of course you can make them 100% with these products but it would require more time and money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, and it depends on your definition of Detailing, and your customers.

A good Waterless product and a couple Micro Fiber Towels.

Last week, I had a customer come in, and ask for the Mini Detail. So we did the $99 service. When she came back, I saw her mouth drop. She says she usually pays $29 ... so she thinks that our Luxury Hand Wash is a Detail.

Recently, leaders of the largest area Car Wash came by to check out our process. They are concerned about teh So California drought ... They looked kind of puzzled ... so I asked "What do you think about the way we wash your car?"

"That`s not car washing ... that`s Detailing!"

So, I think I can make the case that a good "waterless" product can achieve this lofty goal of Detailing with least amount of supplies. This will clean, shine and protect all in the same step!

Lastly, if one is using a pressure washer or bucket & hose , and they wish to call themselves a professional (or in more and more locations, even the DIY enthusiast must comply), and this distinguishes a professional form the guy who is a technician with a Business Card that claims to be a Detailer, then the supply list necessarily, meaning could not be otherwise, must contain proper wash mat, reclamation system, dirty wet tank, etc.

"Waterless", any way you look at it ... winner winner chicken dinner!

-jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Relaited
    Honestly, and it depends on your definition of Detailing, and your customers.

A good Waterless product and a couple Micro Fiber Towels.

Last week, I had a customer come in, and ask for the Mini Detail. So we did the $99 service. When she came back, I saw her mouth drop. She says she usually pays $29 ... so she thinks that our Luxury Hand Wash is a Detail.

Recently, leaders of the largest area Car Wash came by to check out our process. They are concerned about teh So California drought ... They looked kind of puzzled ... so I asked "What do you think about the way we wash your car?"

"That`s not car washing ... that`s Detailing!"

So, I think I can make the case that a good "waterless" product can achieve this lofty goal of Detailing with least amount of supplies. This will clean, shine and protect all in the same step!

Lastly, if one is using a pressure washer or bucket & hose , and they wish to call themselves a professional (or in more and more locations, even the DIY enthusiast must comply), and this distinguishes a professional form the guy who is a technician with a Business Card that claims to be a Detailer, then the supply list necessarily, meaning could not be otherwise, must contain proper wash mat, reclamation system, dirty wet tank, etc.

"Waterless", any way you look at it ... winner winner chicken dinner!

-jim

As if littering the forum with "Eco Friendly" posts weren`t annoying enough, now you`re going to call out who`s professional and who`s not by the products they own? The guy asked what he needed to wash his car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yo Trig ...

Here is the signature line "Starting a weekend mobile business near you!"

The word business is used, so I think I correctly interpreted, and provided an articulate answer.

I stand by my position that this industry is made up of largely non professionals, many technicians and a handful of good business man. This post supports that position. It is a low cost of entry, no training or certification and has cluttered our industry and diminished any respect of regulators, car manufactures, Cities & Municipalities and the like.

So, big Dog, what is your articulate answer or response ... argue on the facts. Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.

Or, get back on the porch and keep barking.

-jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trig
    As if littering the forum with "Eco Friendly" posts weren`t annoying enough, now you`re going to call out who`s professional and who`s not by the products they own? The guy asked what he needed to wash his car.

I wouldn`t bother with this guy. He appears to be spamming some local Meg`s dealership and something called Eco $mart. Apparently we`re supposed to believe he`s a "pro" and a real detailer, while everyone else is a bunch of hacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information