Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    i agree with Bob S use the lgcm as a rinsing device any undisolved oxy clean will easily clog the tiny jet on the lgcm and get lodged in the small pump and its not easy to get it cleaned out, been there done that
    "at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box"

Post Thanks / Like
    Autonova: Do everything exactly the same. Only put hot water (no chemicals) in the reservoir. Think of it as a "rinse cycle"

Bob and scott hit it right on the head

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Sean.... i just wanted to get my interior clean and get a lot of gunk out..... my interior(tan) is almost as dirty on the car you did and i wanted to get as clean as possible

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "For what I do, I feel this is more than good enough.

Sean T. Busch"

Sums it up for me...

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jimmy Buffit

"For what I do, I feel this is more than good enough.

Sean T. Busch"

Sums it up for me...

Jim

Elaborate please Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys,

This process with these two machines sounds very good; as in considerably better than "in a pinch". I can see the point of it being suffcient for a "small time" detailer. I`m wondering how it compares to using a professional extractor or if it even could replace needing one ( to spare the expense of $1K plus for a real good one). Also, I wonder if it`s sorta like the PC vs. rotary theory: will spending a lot more time using the shop vac/LGCM yield the results that only one pass from a professional extractor produces?

Jim, is that what you are alluding to?
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill D. :

Yeah, that`s pretty much it.

This thread has so much enthusiasm for a mediocre method, I just have to get in from time to time...

Autopia has a level of, oh, expectation? Being `pretty good` just does`t cut it in this forum, I think by definition...

There has been NO mention of stain removal techniques, NO reference to `heat transfer` for red stains, and certainly NO mention of solvents/blotting.

The thread continues to be sophormoric, no matter how widely read.

To state that shopvacs are the answer, is simply wrong, and is in conflict with the most basic Autopian standards.

(Well, this`ll get me banned.)

Jim
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jimmy Buffit

(Well, this`ll get me banned.)Jim

Why would you say that? You make a very valid point. Sean has some great tips here, and for the *at home detailier* this might be the best way to go. For anyone to even assume that this method is *better* or even *as good* as a professional extractor is nieve to say the least, but when you don`t have access to a machine of that caliber sometimes you just have to make due with what you have and I think Sean is showing the epitome of *making due with what you have*.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, since I`m a professional carpet cleaner, I throw my humble opinion in. Ive used many portable extractors over the years. If my business was getting frequent requests thru the year to clean automotive carpet, theres no way Im doing this without a quality extractor. If it costs me a grand, so be it. Really a small price to pay if you want to be the best and do it right. No way Im pulling up in my nice shiney van and pulling out a bissel (no offense). If Im harry homeowner detailer that may be fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim: Banned, no way!

Even though I don`t appreciate you putting my quotes that, you feel, are "above" in your sig, I am always looking to improve.

If you go back to page 1, you will notice that I changed my regimen. I am using different products, and more importantly an extractor. I took what you said, did some research and bought a "beginner" extractor. I really saw what you meant by saying that you "guarantee" there will be dirty water if you extract it. I honestly did not think to put hot water rinsing into play when I first started cleaning carpets/upholstery. Now I do all of the time with improved results.

There are brief insturctions for stain removal because I really don`t have an amazing one down yet. I have been experimenting with various spot removers and right now Eimann Fabrik Spot Remover is at the top. I just recieved the 303 Spot Remover in and will be testing it out soon.

If this thread is so "sop````ric" how come soo many people use it desirable results? Also, there is no set in stone "Autopian standards". One thing my law professor taught me was, "Life is all about language and how one perceieves it". Some may percieve this as the "Autopian standard" compared to the average person just buying those bottles of carpet foam, spraying, scrubbing, and walking away.

In closing, everyone can learn something from one another. I agree I still have plenty to learn about detailing, but I do feel I have a very solid grasp on it. I *KNOW* you do not know everything about detailing...referring to your thread recently about extractor problems... I could`ve chimed in and said something along the lines like "Jim, thought you knew everything buddy", but I didn`t. I understand that everyone is human and has questions in which someone out there, more qualified, can answer.

I appreciate that if in the future, if you have something to say, make it constructive or take it to the PM`s. I`m sure your carpet/upholstery cleaning regimen is better than mine, but I, as well as others, don`t have over $1000 to spend on a professional extractor and chemicals for it. You have also been in the business a lot longer than I am, and finally...I am a part-timer. If you have techniques to help this thread, feel free to.

Take care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote from Sean T Bush: "One thing my law professor taught me..."

So, you are studying law? That`s wonderful! When do you anticipate your NY bar exam?

Sean, your regimen is fine.

Just don`t offer it as the best way. That`s all.

Jim
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim: I`m studying business management. Part of the core classes includes basic law and business law. He was my business law professor.

I honestly don`t think I used the word "best" anywhere, but if I did, let me know and I will remove it.

Best is very subjective, I know that ...I don`t think anything is the *best*.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, like a recent TV commercial says, "When someone says `best` it`s most likely only their opinion"
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am a professional detailer and use the LGCM and if i have to pull up in front of a car that I am about to detail with my little LGCM than so be it. I would contest some others to detail an interior using a professional extractor and the LGCM and see if the customer can tell a difference?
    "I think my blood is a Carnauba Prototype"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GSRstilez

-Costco All Purpose Cleaner

Good Luck and post any questions back here. [/B]

According to Cosco they no longer carry APC. They said it was too expensive and have replaced it with a Multi Purpose Cleaner. What would you suggest as a replacement?

Thanks.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information