Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes thats what everyone is getting, mine on the other hand is around 12 years old, i bought it at a liquidator as a factory refurbished for 22 dollars back in 1992
    "at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box"

Post Thanks / Like
    I gave the Oxi-clean method a go today and I liked it. I think it left the car a little to damp for my flavor but it was still a good and new procedure to use. I am going to try using the mix in my bissell tomorrow and see how that works. Overall it gave the carpets a good appearance but it didn`t take out what I thought were some "easy" spots, that could have been my process? It did not remove red stains I encountered.

Thanks for the information, it is a fun thing to have new processes to try.
    "I think my blood is a Carnauba Prototype"

Post Thanks / Like
    red stains are the worst, i do use folex on spots and let soak while i worked the oxy mix then used the LGCM with plain water as a rinse with good results, foir red stains i think maybe a specific product for red stains on carpet is needed, tol sells redblaster for this

Post Thanks / Like
    I was so inspired by this post (great effort, BTW!!) that I went out and bought the heated LGM from BestBuy ($100). I really haven`t put it to the test yet but did try it on some dirty areas in the carpet (house) and it pulled 90% of the crud out. I have had no success cleaning those spots before. i was misting the 1:6 Woolite solution on the area and then ran the extractor over it. Good results :xyxthumbs

I`ll have to try your Oxi-clean method - - that really kicks some butt!

Thx.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an extractor (oreck) and have tried Sean`s method on my own carpet at home. The Oxy does just as good if not better than the extractor and I have run over the oxy side with the extractor using water only and it comes up clean.

One side note to mention - test for colorfastness using Oxy - it is a chemical bleach (colorsafe) but can bleed some upolstry if it`s not colorfast.
    You have activated my special ability....

Perfectionist in Rehab Prometheus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I finally tried this today with the trusty old shop vac, and holy crap, it got out stuff i thought would never come out. You know the nice line of ground in dirt right by the door where the little lip is? Yeah, every body`s got it, but it almost took it all out. Gotta say, it really works wonders. I thought the Woolite trick was good, but this is better. Thanks a mil for turning us all on to this !

BTW, yeah, it does leave the carpet a little damp, but i guess this is the price i pay for trying to clean my interior when its 45 outside, lol

Post Thanks / Like
    here is a b4 and after using seans method and followed by my LGCM, although not perfect i think it is a drastic improvement

thanks GSRstilez :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Any reasons you guys like to do the cleaning stripes (moving it in the opposite direction to get a lighter or darker color; I don`t even know how or why it works that way, anyone know)? Like how you can get those triangle spikes from vacuuming your carpet when going forward and then backwards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MikeWinLDS

Any reasons you guys like to do the cleaning stripes (moving it in the opposite direction to get a lighter or darker color; I don`t even know how or why it works that way, anyone know)? Like how you can get those triangle spikes from vacuuming your carpet when going forward and then backwards.

You get the lines easily because the carpet is wet. Some people really like the lines, other people dont. The lines show that the carpets have been detailed. Its kinda a mental thing in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a pic I liked.

On the right, the area was pretreated with Eimann Fabrik Spot Remover, then cleaned with the Oxy Mix. On the right, just vacuumed. BTW: that tar looking spot is heavily caked in bubble gum.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you guys have a pressure washer, pretreat and pressure wash the mats, and hang to dry. Will save alot of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    See Page 1 for updated products/techniques

More Pics

Before

After

Don't forget the pedals!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sean,

I tried your method using a 5hp 4 gallon Rigid Shop-Vac and the Oxy-Clean Process. I pre-treated the heavy soiled areas with 303 Upholstery Spot Remover, and the mixed one scoop of Oxy-Clean powder with 1 gallon of water. I have no pics, but the results were excellent!

The vehicle I did hadn`t been vacuumed in a LONG time, so even after the initial vacuum it looked way better. So I took the mix and scooped it on the carpet with an upholstery brush (from autopia store) and scubbed really well. I let sit for a minute, then vacuumed out. The carpet was still very wet and there was VERY little water in the shop vac (is this normal?), and when rubbing my hands in the carpet, I didn`t get any dirt up, but my hands felt greasy. So I rinsed with a spray bottle of water and extracted again. Still greasy.

I don`t know if it was the carpet (something that got tracked into the vehicle) but I just wanted to know if this is normal. Because of the greasy residue I didn`t do the cloth seats. However, when it dried, the carpet was very soft.

Maybe I need an LGM.

Carl

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you do without the APC in a pinch Sean?

Carl`s post above would indicate so but I wanted to hear from the master.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Carl: If you noticed, Oxy when mixed with water is VERRRRY slippery, almost greasy. I hated that feeling and I felt there had to be a better way to make these carpets clean.

When experimenting with the APC, I felt much less of the OXY solution was left in it. It also left a very fresh scent.

In the end though, a LGCM is definately the answer.

Hope this clarifies for you both

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information