Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice write up:up

Post Thanks / Like
    I use my Bissell spot cleaner; it was only about $35 a few years ago and it is effective at removing stains. I use it to clean up my cats hairballs inside the house and to be honest it is better at stain removal than the Little Green I had.

I know that it doesn`t remove everything, but it is still effective. I agree that Sean`s technique would be very effective for those of us that are enthusiasts and weekend warriors.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jimmy Buffit

Cause I sure don`t like to read comments like: "But then again, I guess this proves furthermore why you aren`t a respected member on this board."

Ya nor do I... I am not sure how one person says that another is not a respected member? I am sure I dont feel that way?

:nixweiss
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice write-up

For someone to take the time to share thier process, experience, and results in great detail, I would have expected nothing but positive results from all board members.

Nobody is obligated to share anything, the fact that the information was provided should call for some level of respect.

I feel like the mobile detail ppl have a completly different animal to deal with, as opposed to those of us with our own facilities, if you ppl can find a way to produce the same quality product as the detail shops put out, more power to you.

The "inconvienece" of the mobile unit has kept me away from that aspect of our evolving business for some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sean,

When you do upholstery (I HATE cloth seats... ) do you just scoop the `oxy-water` onto the seats? The fabric in my Wrangler is the same as in one of the pictures you posted. I noticed when I used a stiff bristled brush, it made the fabric feel the slightest bit `knubbly`.

Nad when you say "leave the doors open for a few hours", what do you do while you wait for it to dry? Can`t do exterior work, because of water and buffing dust. Do you just do more interior work?
    -Glenn Jr.

There is always room to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glenn: Yeh, I scooped (with my hand)it onto the seats and agitated, then extracted. If the seats feel stiff, add a little bit of fabric softener to the mix. I find usually that OxyClean leaves them pretty soft.

For leaving the doors open...My procedure usually starts with the carpets and upholstery. This way I can leave everything else open when I do the doors, leather, vinyl, etc. Then after I wash and begin to polish, I open the doors on the opposite side of polishing. I also leave the mats in the sun. By the time I`m done, they are either dry or very close to it. If they are not dry, I reccomend to the customer to leave the windows cracked open and leave the mats outside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Turn the heater on to speed up drying.

Post Thanks / Like
    What if I don`t have a wet/dry Shop Vac? I do however have a Bissell upright steam carpet cleaner. Can I use that to suck out the water in the fabric upholstery in lieu of the Shop Vac? It has small attachments that can be used for small areas like a car. I was thinking about putting the upright on one of those carpet mats while I use the attachment to suck out the water in my car`s upholstery.

Here`s a picture of the Bissell: And one of the attachments:

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course you can, hows the suction on it? I bet its alot stronger than the little green machine

Post Thanks / Like
    I cleaned the carpets in my house a while back. Lotsa suction. It even pulled up "dead" carpet hairs, and I had to wipe them out of the brush. You wouldn`t believe how black and dirty the water was in that bucket after cleaning a section. I did take a picture for my mom to see when she got home, but I think I already deleted it.

Post Thanks / Like
    MikeWinLDS:

Absolutely!

I just referred to a shop-vac since it is a pretty common piece of equipment in garages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like I`m all set then. I`ll start cleaning the interior of my car later this afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like
    get some pics !! i dont have the bissell upright but i do have the hoover steam vac, and the little green machine ( way old style, at least 12 years old) and the both work great, go for it, but i do long for a "REAL" extractor

:xyxthumbs
    "at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box"

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll take some pictures, but not sure how well the whole thing will turn out. I`m thinking about doing one side with the brush and OxyClean (I got the mountain fresh scent, since the other one, well I didn`t like the smell), and then the other side of the seat I`ll use the Bissell and the cleaning solution I`ve got with that.

And what kind of extractors are you talking about?

Post Thanks / Like
    easy answer...extractor
    Brian M

Rich`s Mobile Auto Detailing, 2Slot Media

03 Hummer H2

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information