Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    A recent observation:

I had some tough stains from my dogs on our household carpet. Folex did an okay job but I was able to completely lift the stain with the Capture product at Home Depot. They a have a $6 brush and carpet product that has white, soft pellets that you brush into the carpet, let sit, and then vacuum out. I like that it`s a dry process. Seems to work at home, but no experience yet on auto carpets...anyone else use this?

***Side note: Is it me or is it crazy that this thread has a 2 star rating? This is five star land people. Who rated it this low?
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    randomman: It has to dry first, but I have been using 303`s Hit Tech Fabric Guard on mine.

Lee: Very interesting. I have no experience with it, but I did pick up "Un-Duz-It" from TOL which is a pet odor and stain remover. I have only used it for odors thus far and it works great.

Rated so low? It`s either becuase the regimen is not up to some standards or that people have personal vandetta`s against me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had some tough stains from my dogs on our household carpet. Folex did an okay job but I was able to completely lift the stain with the Capture product at Home Depot. They a have a $6 brush and carpet product that has white, soft pellets that you brush into the carpet, let sit, and then vacuum out. I like that it`s a dry process. Seems to work at home, but no experience yet on auto carpets...anyone else use this?

My dogs have been wrecking havoc on my carpets. This is something I am def going to try out.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    There is also a chemical product from PetSmart that has a pink label that also works well...
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by maxedmax

The old bissel, (i`m not sure which one you are using sean) simply has you put HOT TAP WATER into the tank, and then extract. The new Bissel little grean PROHEAT machine has a heater in it which keeps your hot water HOT. The key is heat, the hotter, more steamier you can get, the better. The last part is the extraction. Ok, `nuff said. Sorry for the extremely long post. I can`t wait to try the bissel pro heat.
    I love my pro heat LGCM. I love it even more considering I work 2 minutes from the Bissell factory in Grand Rapids, MI, and picked 2 of them up for $30 each at the factory outlet. Before I had the pro heat, I had the plain old LGCM, and let me tell you something, the pro heat does make a pretty noticable difference. I do have to comment on one thing I`ve seen a few times in this thread though. DO NOT add powder Oxi-clean into your water tank. No matter how much you think it dissolved, it didnt fully, and it will clog up the sprayer. With that being said, Oxi-clean works awesome as a spot cleaner. Between that, my Eureka steam blaster and my pro heat LGCM, there hasn`t been a stain I haven`t been able to remove yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll agree with the OXY in the tank as well. It has clogged up for me. If anything, I throw a little bit of the Bissel`s Fiber Cleanser, or some White Distilled Vinegar, with the rest as hot water.

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally broke down and bought a Bissel Turbobrush Proheat. I tried the basic method with great results. In a spray bottle I put 1 scoop oxclean and 16oz of water. I sprayed the carpet down then dipped a meguiar interior brush in a bucket of warm water and started to aggitate the carpet. I then used the turbobrush to apply hot water and used the spinning brush to further clean the carpet. Switched to suction and extracted all the waste water. Once that was done I exctracted while respraying with hot water to ensure that no chemicals were left. One last pass with the brush at suction only and the carpets were almost dry. Let stand for 30 minutes and they were dry and looked very clean. Should of been a better autopian and taken pics, but didn`t. Thank you GSRstilez and everyone else who added their own touches. This method works great.

Post Thanks / Like
    When soaking down the carpets, don`t you guys worry about the water left behind in the pad under the carpet and the possibility of it causing rust spots on the floorpan?

I happened to have my carpet out of my car when I was having some welding done and it took 2+ days to dry. The surface may be dry but the padding was still damp.

This was using a 5 hp wet/dry shopvac. Just wondering if maybe the vacuum makes a difference in the water extraction.
    -Dale

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Beason: Glad it worked .

FastGT94: Every vehicle ever worked on, the floorboards were painted. However, I work in small areas for a reason, using only enough solution to complete the task. I agree with not saturating it.

The vacuum sucks better than a LGCM, but does not spray clean water (rinse) at the surface before extracting. This is also a key step to getting the surface like new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, forgot about the rinse step, oh well lol...

Carpet still looks great with the Woolite (dark colors) and one scoop of oxyclean. Even if some solution is in there.

Something to keep in mind for next time I guess
    -Dale

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have instructions or a link to how to clean out the LGCM once its clogged?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rinse the LGCM every 5 uses with straight distilled white vinegar, then water x 3. I do this once a week when I`m busy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering, what would be better for general to hard carpet cleaning. Water/Woolite 6:1 or Water and Oxyclean 16oz per scope?

Post Thanks / Like
    Beason: Are you referring to the stain/soil content or type/stiffness of carpeting?

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you guys dump the dirty water that is picked up by the machine? the road, toilet..?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information