Thread: i`ve been lazy

Post Thanks / Like
    okay I`ve been really lazy lately I haven`t washed my car in like two weeks and it`s parked outside... the last time I washed I did a full detail with mezerna IP and FPII, #7, #26, and a final coat of pure carnuba wax from japan. Then I did another coat of carnuba the next day... But no my car has water spots on the passanger side and a bird attacked the roof... Like I said I`ve been lazy... what will get the stains out if there is any... Also I was wondering what do you guys use to clean your pads? I have a PC and I noticed my pads getting a little caked up with the products I`ve been using.... how should I clean them? I was thinking putting them in a bucket of luke warm water and just adding a little dish washing soap? Also will doing more than one coat of #7 make the paint deeper and glossier or should I add something to my steps? I have a black car so I always try to keep it clean cause black cars don`t look that great when it`s dirty like my car right now... But I`m gonna wash it today for sure... what do you guys think? Any help will be appriciated... Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone out there able to help me?
    2004 Java Black Pearl WRX

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes it takes a while to get a response, especially with a middle of the day post. I`m sure others will have input. Here`s mine:

With regard to washing your pads, your method will work fine. Some suggest diluted APC or any regular car wash soap to clean the pads, but dish soap should work just as well. Let them sit in the mixture for a little while and then agitate with your hand a little. Then rinse thoroughly and repeatedly until the soap is completely out. Squeeze out the bulk of the water and allow them to drip dry the rest of the way. Once dry, store them in plastic bags or a sealed container.

On the issue of water spots and bird bombs, you should be pretty well protected having just done a full (and apparently thorough) detail two weeks ago. Do a careful wash and see if both problems don`t just wash away. If the water spots remain, do a search, here, for "water spots" and read the voluminous advice on things ranging from a vinegar wipe-down to a full out machine polishing. Hopefully, the bird bombs haven`t done much. If they did etch, a polishing will be the only option, and your 2 week old detail will need to be redone, at least in the affected areas. Again, the search will yield a whole slew of discussions about clearcoat etching from bird bombs.

As far as multiple coats of 7, I don`t know if it would be beneficial, but it won`t hurt. Let us know what your results are. As far as the multiple layers of caranauba (26 x 1 and jap wax x 2) I am not convinced that caranauba is layerable, although 2 coats helps assure complete coverage. Some believe it can be layered. It`s up to you to decide what you like and whether it`s a waste of time.

Good luck!

--Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I`m gonna try that today... I`m gonna clean my pads after today`s wash... I really need to do it today....
    2004 Java Black Pearl WRX

Thread Information