Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve spent the whole day detailing my car, and was thoroughly pleased with the results.... Atleast I was until the afternoon sun came over, and highlighted swirls and marring I didn`t even know existed!!!

So, I`m biting the bullet and ordering the PC ultimate kit from the autopia shop...Call it an act of desperation!!

Anyways, while I`m ordering the PC i would also like to pick up some polishes to obviously sort out my current predicament. I obviously want to make the right choice and get my paint to the best condition it can possibly be in.

I already own P21s polish and wax and wondered what other items I should consider buying to make my white look faultless.

Because of the exspense of this order I want to make the right choice, so would appreciate some guidance from you guys in the know.

I

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.autopia.org/forums/search.php?s=

www.detailersparadise.com also has a PC kit with 1Z polishes, pads, and of course the PC
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    You will not regret buying a PC. It might be worth ordering a couple of extra pads but in terms of polishes there are not many we cannot buy in the UK.

Are you getting your transformer from Screwfix?

Post Thanks / Like
    id second the 1z polishes specifically the ultimate polish, and paint polish.. i know they say the ultimate polish is almost like a compound, but when used with a pc, is almost impossible to ruin the paint... the metallic polish isnt abrasive enough to take out swirls, and u dont really need it, because the paint polish does not leave micro marring or haze/dullness

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes mate, and getting hold of the extension lead at the same time.

I`ve just been doing some reading on the 1Z product line and it looks to be superb, plus I found the link in the UK retailers list for the UK distributor.

Have you tried these products yet Lowejackon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NavindraLR

id second the 1z polishes specifically the ultimate polish, and paint polish.. i know they say the ultimate polish is almost like a compound, but when used with a pc, is almost impossible to ruin the paint... the metallic polish isnt abrasive enough to take out swirls, and u dont really need it, because the paint polish does not leave micro marring or haze/dullness

Have you tried the Glanz wax?

Could I put my P21s carnuba over the top?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NavindraLR

... the metallic polish isnt abrasive enough to take out swirls, and u dont really need it, because the paint polish does not leave micro marring or haze/dullness

Well, I wouldn`t go quite *that* far, I always notice a slight improvement when I follow the PP with the MP, but it`s gonna depend on a) how long/well you work the PP (hint- be sure to break it down) and b) the paint in question. But yeah, if you`re gonna skip one, skip the MP. Be sure to get the PP, the Extra/Ultra is good, but *will* require a follow-up with the PP to remove micromarring (at least when used by PC).

I`ve put all sorts of stuff over 1Z polishes; I`d use the P21S but without their cleaner/polish, just put the wax over the 1Z.

Post Thanks / Like
    Will the PP be abrasive enough to get rid of the swirls, or will I have to go the UPP route?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ohms69

Yes mate, and getting hold of the extension lead at the same time.

I`ve just been doing some reading on the 1Z product line and it looks to be superb, plus I found the link in the UK retailers list for the UK distributor.

Have you tried these products yet Lowejackon?

I have not tried them yet, I am still having fun with VM and EX-P but others have reported good things about the distributer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ohms69

Will the PP be abrasive enough to get rid of the swirls, or will I have to go the UPP route?

This is just one of those "it depends on...." situations. Depends on the paint, the marring, your pad, how you work the products, etc. etc.

The PP will at least round `em over a bit even if it`s not aggressive enough to fully remove them. I guess you should just try the PP (multiple passes) and see how it works, though I`d *really* recommend that you buy (and use) all three (Ultra, PP, MP).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again Accumulator I`ll do that.

Just ordered the PC with pads and am about to order the screwfix transformer/extension lead.

Can somebody who`s been down this route confirm that this is correct for me please....

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/che/...questid=929777

Also, is there anything else I`ll need to get it up and running?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m afraid that link takes you to random Screwfix pages.

I can confirm that the 1Z range is excellent & Andrew is a top guy to deal with.

I presume you have ordered your backing plate & pads?

1991 Mercedes 190E 2.0 Auto Smoke Silver 64K miles

1997 Mazda MX5 1.8 Harvard Concours Condition 10K miles

2006 VW Golf MKV 1.9 TDi SE Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry,

try this...

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...01987&ts=36151

16691 & 16158

:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes they will work, just big ugly & ungainly unfortunately. I used the much neater route of Newmarket transformer & US extension lead as did other UK subscribers, much neater & saves removing the PC US mains plug

Post Thanks / Like
    As the 1Z range of compounds, polishes & waxes are available in the UK at prices less than our US friends (for once) I`d give them a go, you can`t go far wrong with them. Get in touch with Andrew & he`ll sort you out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information