Post Thanks / Like
    Honest to God, I have been searching for a PC here in Montreal, Canada for 3 days straight and have lost 2 nights sleep over it. I located a 7424 yesterday afternoon and when I went to get it this morning some dude had already beat me to it and they were out again, then I located a refurbished 7336 at one of PC`s service centers and they wanted to charge more than a new one($234cdn !). Finally today out of frustration and nights without sleep I reluctantly placed an order on carcaresmart.com which is 3000km away from where I`am, they have it for $198.50cdn(@$152.69us) + 7.5% tax shipping included, only problem is I have to wait a week for it to be delivered through their free expediated ground service . I had also placed an order yesterday with coastaltools.com yesterday for their 7424 at $119.99us + $21us shipping, but after recalculating the exchange rate, shipping cost and customs and the Canadian federal and provincial taxes and Customs Canada`s administration fees it would have costed me a little more than at carcaresmart.com who are offering a 7336 instead. Todd at Coastal Tools was very patient with me, but they would not budge in declaring the item at a lower cost so customs would charge a lower tax rate so I had to cancel the order.

Any of you guys had similar problems with obtaining a PC or is this just me ?

Well I also during my 2 nights without sleep I had also located a little gold gem in Montreal, I had found a local LC distributor and went to pick up some pads there yesterday, it turns out the owner is a "TRUE" car polisher himself and is one of Meguiar`s worldwide paint consultants/instructors doing the international circuit for BMW and the big 3 in Detroit. He is also friends with Barry Meguiar, owner of Meguiar`s and he is their key RD and field feedback person. He told me people all over the world request his services to do their cars for over $2000 plus providing his plane ticket and hotel rooms during his stays. Claude had given me some free Meguair`s polishes to try and a free MF cloth, I bought 5 LC yellow, white and black flat pads and a bottle of No. 82 swirl remover and a bottle of NXT wax at a reduced cost, so hows that for a treasure hunt ? if only my PC could be here in time for the weekend ...darn just can`t wait to try it all out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m from Ottawa but travel to Montreal regularly on business. I bought my PC at the Porter Cable Service Centre on Begin street in St Laurent. I paid $180 for a refurbished model (looked brand new and like it had never been used ?).

Canadian Tire also sells PCs but they want $240 for them.

www.carcaresmart is a great place to buy. You`ll get excellent service there. I`ve bought from them a few times. With the free shipping special and no PST (out of province) you`re getting a great deal on your PC. It usually takes about 5 days to get from BC to Ottawa.

I`ve also received excellent service from www.eshine.ca.

Another Canadian e-tailer with a different product line than carcaresmart..

Great find on the local LC supplier. Where is he located and what is the name of the shop ?

Thanks for your help,

Bob
    2004 Nissan Maxima SE (silver with black leather)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh the joy of living down South. Boy will I miss it if I leave. Wonder if there are any special waxes or polishes up North.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered my PC from carcaresmart as well.

I found a few in Ottawa :wavey SilverBelle04

But Crappy tire wants $229 at the store I went to. I`m in no hurry I can wait the extra few days to get it in the mail so I save $30 at car caresmart + PST so about $40! Besides the backing plate and pads are a fortune at crappy tire!

I thought Lake Country pads were made in Montreal :nixweiss

I`ll also ordered product from Eshine.ca!

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by EdLancer

Well I also during my 2 nights without sleep I had also located a little gold gem in Montreal, I had found a local LC distributor and went to pick up some pads there yesterday, it turns out the owner is a "TRUE" car polisher himself and is one of Meguiar`s worldwide paint consultants/instructors doing the international circuit for BMW and the big 3 in Detroit. He is also friends with Barry Meguiar, owner of Meguiar`s and he is their key RD and field feedback person. He told me people all over the world request his services to do their cars for over $2000 plus providing his plane ticket and hotel rooms during his stays. Claude had given me some free Meguiar`s polishes to try and a free MF cloth, I bought 5 LC yellow, white and black flat pads and a bottle of No. 82 swirl remover and a bottle of NXT wax at a reduced cost, so hows that for a treasure hunt ? if only my PC could be here in time for the weekend ...darn just can`t wait to try it all out.

That would be Claude Sevigny, I`ve only met him a few times, super nice guy and probably one of the most knowledgeable people I`ve ever met on the subjects of paint systems and polishing systems.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m from Ottawa but travel to Montreal regularly on business. I bought my PC at the Porter Cable Service Centre on Begin street in St Laurent. I paid $180 for a refurbished model (looked brand new and like it had never been used ?).

Ya, I live just 10 minutes away from Delta Machinery on Begin, only problem is that they can`t sell new PC tools only refurbish ones that almost cost as much as new. I can get a new 7424 in town for $184

I thought Lake Country pads were made in Montreal

No LC pads are made in the US, but one of the largest foam manufacturers in the eastern Canada is here in Montreal, but they are not smart enough to get into this market.

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

That would be Claude Sevigny, I`ve only met him a few times, super nice guy and probably one of the most knowledgeable people I`ve ever met on the subjects of paint systems and polishing systems.

Mike

Yes Mike, Claude is a very nice person and is very passionate about polishing cars. I`am proud he is a Montrealer ...man this is a small world !

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, I live just 10 minutes away from Delta Machinery on Begin, only problem is that they can`t sell new PC tools only refurbish ones that almost cost as much as new. I can get a new 7424 in town for $184

I thought Lake Country pads were made in Montreal

No LC pads are made in the US, but one of the largest foam manufacturers in the eastern Canada is here in Montreal, but they are not smart enough to get into this market.

Yes Mike, Claude is a very nice person and is very passionate about polishing cars. I`am proud he is a Montrealer ...man this is a small world !

Where in Montreal is Claude`s store ?

Tks Bob
    2004 Nissan Maxima SE (silver with black leather)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh the joy of living down South. Boy will I miss it if I leave. Wonder if there are any special waxes or polishes up North.

Ya, we use mostly polar bear fat and seal grease, it keeps beading day in and day out during those cold winter days.

Seriously, you can find just about everything here, but you have to look hard, Montreal is North America`s oldest city so the footprint of almost any trade is here. Several years back I had located a super duper cigar shop that i never knew about even if I was living here all my life.

Where in Montreal is Claude`s store ?

SilverBell04, check your PM

Post Thanks / Like
    www.coastaltool.com

they ship it to you in like 2 days for like 139

can`t beat it :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by gav`spurplez

www.coastaltool.com

they ship it to you in like 2 days for like 139

can`t beat it :xyxthumbs

Did you even read his post?

I had also placed an order yesterday with coastaltools.com yesterday for their 7424 at $119.99us + $21us shipping, but after recalculating the exchange rate, shipping cost and customs and the Canadian federal and provincial taxes and Customs Canada`s administration fees it would have costed me a little more than at carcaresmart.com who are offering a 7336 instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    theres a websit, I think its www.toolmart.com. They sell the PC for around 114 or 119 and includes free shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in ottawa too and i lucked out big time.

I went to Canadian Tire (Hunt club & merivale rd) and found a full sealed in the box PC 7424 for $199 CAD. I think i was pushing my luck when i asked the guy if that was the correct price or not and he said that it was. The reason he gave me was that they weren`t going to be carrying that model anymore. No other CT stores in town had it that cheap either so i scooped it up ASAP! the loads of CT money was also cool hehe

Seems like someone at that store screwed up because CT is still carrying the 7424 at full price. :shocked

Funny you guys should mention Claude, I just ordered a bunch of LC pads from him last week.

Small world.

:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Eric, but none seem to want to ship to Canada and if they did it would not have been free ...buggers

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to Canadian Tire (Hunt club & merivale rd) and found a full sealed in the box PC 7424 for $199 CAD. I think i was pushing my luck when i asked the guy if that was the correct price or not and he said that it was. The reason he gave me was that they weren`t going to be carrying that model anymore. No other CT stores in town had it that cheap either so i scooped it up ASAP! the loads of CT money was also cool hehe

I asked my local CT here which is a bigger than most of the stores and they did not know what the heck I was talking about and said if you saw it on their site then order it on their site which $239cdn. with free shipping. Do they still have more there ?

Another point I don`t understand is why is PC selling the 7424 more expensive then the 7336 ?, the 18001 hook&loop sanding plate is $40cdn and the polishing wheel on the 7424 is only like $16.95cdn ...go figure

How did you find out about Claude`s co-ordinates, I found out by fluke when someone posted a thread on an Audi forum back in 2000, but he failed to mention his company`s name or any contact information. I had emailed the originator of the post and luckly sent me his co-ordinates. LC also gave me his contact a day later.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think in my case it was a screwup at that particular CT store. this was 1-2 years ago, i think.

I got Claude`s info direct from LC and from 4DSC. we had a group buy on LC pads sometime last year if i`m not mistaken and sourced them from Claude.

Thread Information