Post Thanks / Like
    Ok.

I have a 2001 Mustang Convt. Silver with grey leather

I just did about 3 weeks ago the whole car.

I washed, clayed, took care of scratches with RC, Klasse AIO, Klasse Glaze, P21s Wax.

I also did vac, woolite mixture 6-1, lexol cleaner, lexol conditioner.

In terms of the exterior here in NY i want to get a head start before the winter comes by what can I do to enhance protection from the salt and things that damage the paint?

What can I do to enhance gloss?

I used Lexol Vinylex for the Top. It last`s for about 2 weeks and starts fading What else can I use?

Post Thanks / Like
    What I usually do around Thanksgiving is start layering Klasse. I will usually polish everything, then Klasse AIO, SG. Then go to SG x 5 (24 hrs apart for each layer). This will last the whole winter in the North East. I`m in CT, right above you, btw.

For the top, check out this link: http://www.premiumautocare.com/303vicotopki.html . This should last 3-4 weeks depending if it`s garaged or not.

Since you have already topped with P21s, you can remove it and start over with Klasse by AIO/SG or just give it a Dawn wash, then continue layering SG. Once again, I just want to highly stress layering SG for winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I should take off the wax first with dawn correct?

If add any of the klasse twins it won`t apply correctly unless i take off the wax ?

I don`t have a closed garage. It is parked in a garage just not closed I am planning on getting those tents for the car so that I can work outside even during the day without the sun damaging the leather or help during the rain.

btw where can i find those tents made for cars?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NYDetail

So I should take off the wax first with dawn correct?

If add any of the klasse twins it won`t apply correctly unless i take off the wax ?

I don`t have a closed garage. It is parked in a garage just not closed I am planning on getting those tents for the car so that I can work outside even during the day without the sun damaging the leather or help during the rain.

btw where can i find those tents made for cars?

Tell you what, if you want to stay with a Carnauba topper, try 2 coats of #16 within a week or so of each other around early November as a last detail of the year. My Yota truck was still beading in early March!!

Post Thanks / Like
    CAN I ask where are you in Queens?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you did at least a couple coats of SG you`re probably okay for the winter, but keep topping it off until it gets too cold to anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alan81 I am in Sunnyside Queens. Why do u ask?

4 DSC: How much time apart should I keep applying SG from each other? How many coats would you say is okay?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t put anything other than the pure carnauba wax on top of your p21s finish coat. You will not get the benefit of a pure wax`s deep layerd appearance and protection by putting a sealant or a cleaner wax on top of it. The gloss and/or sealant should have gone onto the surface before the finish coat of wax.

Don`t take off what you have already, because you will still need to add wax if you start over. It is ideal to start over during spring, that way you can prep your paint real good in the beginning, and if you are good in keeping the paint surface clean, you will only need to layer with pure wax until next fall.

Just put on about three coats of the p21s (with time in between coats) before thanksgiving, and you will definitely be set to survive winter.

PS: Funny coincidence, I`m from Queens too. I`ve been dealing with this winter climate now for many years, so IMO that is the way you should go.

Post Thanks / Like
    NY DETAIL I use to be a QUEENS boy so when somebody posts Queens I always ask where... me it was BAYSIDE thanks

Thread Information