Post Thanks / Like
    hey everyone, I just got done painting my Nova about 2 months ago and i want to give it a bath for the first time. I was wondering is there any good soaps to use?

I was reading about Eagle`s soap and pretty impressed but on the other hand i like Meguiar`s NTX lineup.

It`s going to be kept in the grarge for the most part but will be outside during school.

I plan on waxing it but i really dont know anything about it.

I read that liquid wax is alot faster to apply than paste. So i was thinking about getting some NTX wax (liquid). What about Clay bars what are they specifiy used for ?

Can anyone recommend any good products for me ?

My goal is to keep the paint clean ( shiny- the most part)

its going to be outside during the day- need a Protect-Sealent?

Can you give me some adivce thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Your best friend on this site is the search button but keep asking ?s and someone will help you as far as clay goes it is a really good product for cleaning paint and getting it smooth it also helps in getting the wax off your car after applying because it doesnt bond witha rough surface making it easier to remove .remember that clay is used after a good wash and then followed by a glaze that cleans paint or a dedicated paint cleaner and followed by your lsp(last step product) wich would be your wax / sealant. The question about what products to use there are so many and the answers you will get are going to be overwhelming so do some research and ask alot of ?s .I tend to stick with megs because I am really in the learning process and they are readily available locally.Hope this helps :xyxthumbs and welcome to autopia !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Autopia.

For washes NXT is pretty good I`ve heard. Myself I use Megs Gold Class and have sampled Tropi-Care. Both are very nice shampoos and reasonably priced.

Only clay if needed same goes for polishing/glaze, but you should be fine if you polish/glaze every three months. NXT wax is a pretty good product, stick with that for a few months and then try some of the other popular products/steps (VM, EX, AIO, SG, EX-P, S100, MPW, PwC, P21S, #16, #80, etc. etc).

I`ve heard nice things about Meg`s 3 Step Deep Crystal System, maybe try that as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    what are the correct steps in washing and waxing?

Wash

clay

wash

wax

polish

right now i dont got any dirt to use the clay since its so new.

whats the process for waxing and using a sealent?

before or after waxing?

please explain

thanks so much you`ve been so helpful

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright heres the rundown. Step by step first you wash the car:

1)Wash car (shaded area)

2)Clay car (In Garage)

3)Polish Car (In Garage)

4)Wax Car (In Garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash/Clay/Wash

Polish and/or Glaze

Seal and/or Wax

Post Thanks / Like
    i have been doing some research on the NXT Wax, and pplz are saying that it is abrivise.

i just want a wax that can protect the paint really well.

Any recommendation for wax? Meguiars #26 yellow paste?

Also about polish any good ones out there to recommend? That shines

I`m debating on getting Meguiars NXT soap or the Gold CLass Shampo.

which would be a better product overalll?

I plan to wash my car twm so every tip is helpful and thanks again for your generous help

Post Thanks / Like
    63novawagon- Welcome to Autopia!

If you`re not getting quite the detailed answers you`d like, consider that a few of your general Q`s are sorta like asking "how do I build a house"

I`d clay it, even new cars can have some nasty contamination in/on the paint.

I`d probably prefer the NXT soap over the GC, but plenty of people like the latter.

Click on the "LEARN" icon to see how to do a lot of this stuff.

Don`t worry about the abrasives in something like NXT, they`re too mild to matter.

Dunno what polishes/etc. to recommend as I don`t know what you can find in your locale. But the NXT would be OK, and you could put #26 over top of it if you like.

Post Thanks / Like
    okay, today i went out AND bought some things for my car:

Meguiars` Gold Class Shampo

Meguiars NXT Wax (liquid)

Microfiber towels ( target)

I plan on washing my car twm, but i need some quick tips. Please let me know if i got this right.

Since my car just got painted about 2 months ago i really dont need to use the clay bar now (car parked in garage) .

My steps are here:

Wash tires- then the rest of the car

Dry with a Microfiber towel

Polish- I have no idea what Polish to use

can anyone recommend one ?

Wax- NXT wax Liquid

When waxing so i just rub and leave alone? must use another type of towel to wipe ?

all of your guys tips have been very helpful to me THANKS

:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Couple of things:

Wash the tires and wheels with a separate wash mitt. Start with washing the roof first and work your way down. Be sure the car is kept wet and that the soap has plenty of suds (they`re your friend). Wheels and tires should be the last to be washed, and again, with a separate wash mitt.

I`m not a fan of microfiber products for most applications. Removing polish/wax/sealant residue is about all I`ll use them for, but many will disagree with me. For drying a car, I like to use a full stream of water and rinse the car from top to bottom. I then go around the car with an Absorber and get the remaining water. I actually lay the Absorber on the surface rather than rub it back and forth, and I wring frequently.

When applying wax or a sealant, follow the lines of a car. If the panel is perpendicular (vertical) to the ground, use a vertical motion. If the panel is parallel (horizontal) to the ground, use a horizontal motion. Some like to use microber or terry cloth covered foam pads to apply wax/sealant and others (like me) prefer just plain foam pads. Remove with either a terry cloth or microfiber cloth, being sure to frequently fold the cloth so you have clean material.

Post Thanks / Like
    hopefully you`ll get this in time.....

when washing, i like to use a separate bucket for my tires to try to keep all the stuff on the tires (brake dust, road stuff) from going on to my car`s paint.

as far as claying goes, try the `baggie` test. get a zip-loc bag, or a similar plastic bag, place your hand inside, and gently rub your hand over the surface of your car. if it isn`t smooth, you have stuff on your paint which you would want to remove.

polish - it depends if your paint has swirls or not. since you just got it repainted, it might not need a polish right now. if anything, maybe Meg`s #9 since it might be easy to find.

wax - with NXT, use the foam applicator that comes with it. just watch out for any of it drying on the pad as it can scratch your car (i learned this the hard way). i`ve found it better when i would just apply the NXT to one portion of the foam pad.

apply the NXT to the whole car, wait 15 minutes for it to dry, and then remove with your microfiber towel. if possible, apply another coat after 12 hours (this is to ensure complete coverage). if you cannot wait 12 hours, you can do it 1 hour later.

if you have the time, i highly recommend clicking on the `learn` button and reading the articles on washing, claying, polishing, and waxing. it`s good reading that`ll teach you a better technique for caring for your car.

hope this hopes. welcome, and have fun! :wavey
    Reid

2004 Azure Blue Ford Mustang Mach1

Thread Information