Post Thanks / Like
    I just detailed my car using the following products;

1. Mothers claybar kit (Used the quick detailer afterwards to clean everything up)

2. Meguiar`s DACP (applied and removed w/ a terry cloth towel)

3. Meguiar`s No.9 Swirl Remover (applied and removed w/ a terry cloth towel)

4. No.7 Showtime Glaze (Applied w/ foam pad removed and buffed w/ terry cloth)

5. NXT Tech-Wax (applied w/ supplied pad removed w/ microfiber)

6. S-100 (two coats done 4 hours apart and 12 hours after applying NXT, applied w/ foam pad removed w/ mocrofiber)

Well a day after it was all said and done I decided to clean some left over residue and dust with the Showtime detailing spray that came with the claybar and a fresh microfiber towel, well now I have hollograms. What`s the deal? I know they weren`t there before, and I wiped the spray up pretty good with a microfiber towel, should I just go over it again and buff it longer or what?

I`ll post pics of it tonight after I get her cleaned up, just got a digital camera a few days ago so this is the perfect excuse to use it

Post Thanks / Like
    My guess would be that they were there before but you just didn`t see them. Nothing you did could have put holograms into the paint. The best way to get holograms out is to use a PC and your polish of choice, DACP is pretty good.

My dad had some body work done to his Audi A4 and the bodyshop left some horrible holograms and some clear coat overspray(at least that`s what i Think it is) and a PC and some DACP took them right off and left the paint looking awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    What joburnet said :xyxthumbs

Another possibility is that the QDing marred the finish in such a way as to *resemble* holograms. FWIW, that`s why some of us never do it

In the latter case, maybe you only marred the LSP, not the actual paint. After washing the car, I`d try redoing the NXT and see if that gets it before repolishing the car.

If they weren`t there, then you QD and they *are* there, well, I`d guess that`s what happened. Shouldn`t be all that tough to remove even if you did mar the paint. A lot easier than "real" holograms at least.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Accumulator

In the latter case, maybe you only marred the LSP, not the actual paint. After washing the car, I`d try redoing the NXT and see if that gets it before repolishing the car.

In my experience, on my paint, I`m finding that to be extremely far and few between as in may be only one time. When/if I detect marring it really is in the paint
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill D.- Yeah, that`s usually the case but you never know.

The last time I thought the MPV had light marring it was only in the SG (lucky me- two years of washing with BHBs and I`ve never had to polish it except after delivery! Will this year, though, I think).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the insight guys. I guess what makes me feel a little better is that there was no paint transfer from any of the stages so I couldn`t have messed anything up that bad. I only saw the "hologram" effect on the hood and not on any other part of the car so I`ll just try to go over the hood again with NXT first and see what happens, thanks again everyone. :xyxthumbs

Thread Information