Thread: Help w/97 Jeep

Post Thanks / Like
    My parents own a 97 Jeep Cherokee Country with the bright red clear coat paint. It has 56,000 miles on it and has (in my opinion) severe "spider webbing" and light scratches. I have tried Nu Finish which helped slightly and also Turtle wax`s Ultra gloss which made the paint glossy again but still has the webbing. Is there any simple procedures that I can perform to fix this problem. Should I try a clay bar, or will I need more...I`ll take as much time as I need to get it as good as humanly possible but I don`t want to empty out my wallet for just one car considering winter is just around the corner! Thanks

Nick

Post Thanks / Like
    A clay bar is used to remover containments you cannot see nor wash off. To see if you need one after you wash feel the paint. If it`s not smooth and is sort of gritty then you need one. To remove the scratches/ swirls you will need a good polish like meguiars Dual Action Cleaner Polish. Then go over that with a lighter polish like Klasse All in One. If you are worried about winter then get a sealant like Klasse Selant Glaze.The Klasse products cannot be found locally you will have to order them online. Meguiars DACP can be ordered by your local NAPA Auto Supply Store. I would also recommend getting a porter cable polisher that can be found at lowes hardware store for $109 and then order some pads. This is what I think though. People will have other opinions. ( Not that it`s bad for some more thoughts or anything.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Moved to AU.

Nick, you may want to start off by reading some of the articles in the Learn! link at the very top. That should give you a good idea of what is involved and what KIND of products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I probly should of said what 4DSC said first

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys! I haven`t been on here is a while...my computer crashed and took 2 months to finally repair...but i`m back. I will try your suggestions...I do have a high speed buffer, although not sure what brand it is. It works really well though on my car. I`ll keep you posted with my dad`s Jeep!

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are awsome...yesterday after school I came home and put on the mequiers cleaner stuff, and that alone made a HUGE difference...just about every imperfection has been removed. I have to wait until next weekend to put on the Klasse because the jeep`s heating system decided to call it quits...$647 later (that bites). I will let you know how it turns out.

Nick

Thread Information