Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I tried.

Vac off surface dirt well.

Spray woolite on stain area.

Scrub in well.

Vac off ground in dirt and hopefully some of the stain.

Spray woolite again, a little more heavly.

Agitate with a clean terry.

Vac off (a strong wet/dry vac used for all vaccuming)

No help at all, so I spray with 4:1 Orange blast.

Scrub in, vac off.

Spray on, agitate with clean terry.

Vac off.

Rinse lightly with water.

Use terry and vac to dry.

I used everything lightly, I dident soak it at all. The was no difference at all in the stain, it blended it a little bit, but 0% stain removal. :nixweiss I don`t know what to do now.
    Milano Red 1996 HX Civic - replaced with:

Black 1996 EX Civic

Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest you try an automotive carpet and upholsery cleaner...they are designed to remove the kinds of soils associated with the automotive environment. Woolite is a very mild soap and I believe Orange Blast is an all purpose cleaner?
    If it stands still....wax it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any ideas on what the stains are?

Post Thanks / Like
    woolite is a detergent, it is reccomended on here to basically use on all interior surfaces for cleaning, including carpets. Orange blast was reccomended on here (in another thread) if I can`t get the stains out with woolite. :nixweiss

Black 1996 EX Civic

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea what the stains are, I assume coffee. I bought the car about a month ago.

Black 1996 EX Civic

Post Thanks / Like
    Well a professional detailer has to know, because as detailers, they are going to get stains in which they have no clue what they are and are still expected to get them out.

I don`t know any specific product to suggest. Oxiclean, maybe?????

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, since I`m in the industry I`m going to stick with the party line that says not to confuse your kitchen or your laundry room with your garage. Using a product that is specifically formulated to solve a specific problem will probably serve you best and save time and money in the long run.

When a chemist formulates a carpet and upholstery cleaner, he tests it on dirty and stained automotive carpet to be sure it works. When a chemist formulates a laundry soap or detergent, he tests it on garments.

Of course there are product cross overs...but going right to a properly designed product may be the most judicious approach to take.
    If it stands still....wax it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have oxyclean, so I could try that. How would I apply that?

Black 1996 EX Civic

Post Thanks / Like
    try spraying FOLEX in it then blotting the stain as opposed to scrubbing it in, also use warm water you after you have botted all that you can you can try using the hot iron extraction that may help a bit .....good luck

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re not concerned with toxicity, petrochemicals and such, I`d recommend the Eagle 1 Zap. It`s pretty efficient on the spots I`ve tried it on and it`s probably readily available at your local stores.

If you`re looking for a more environmentally friendly option, I`d recommend something like Quik n Brite. Mixed with water (or straight, if the spot`s really bad) aggitated a bit, then extracted, I`ve been able to get quite a few spots out. You can also use the "apply and buff with a dry towel" method if you`re worried about over-saturating. Not really any smell to speak of either. Of course, you aren`t likely to find this on the shelf locally.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    mnbv, why don`t you listen to me? Go to the supermarket and pick up a can of Woolite Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam and scrub it with a brush. The name says it all. I don`t think it`ll remove the stains completely, though. If it is a coffee stain, try using some hot water on the stain.
    `04 Steel Gray Metallic Mazda 6s V6 5door, `97 Honda Accord SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mnbv

I have oxyclean, so I could try that. How would I apply that?

Mix it with some hot water, just enough to make a paste. Spread the paste on the stain and let it work for a while, occasionally scrubbing with a stiff brush. Then rinse it out with hot water. Might do something, but I`ll be surprised if it really gets it all out.

Oh, and FWIW, despite the "won`t harm anything" spiel about OxyClean, when I used it (aggressively, as above) on a friend`s household carpet (serious pet accident, it was that or new carpet), it bleached the carpet out a bit. But auto carpet is usually a bit less fragile than household carpet.

FWIW #2, IMO to *really* clean carpet, you need a pro-style hot water extractor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try "Spot Shot" in a blue and orange can. That stuff works great. I use it around my house for carpet stains and takes out just about anything. I`m noy sure if it is meant to be used for a large area but doinh same sections at a time would work well. Grocery store or wall mart would have it.

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is why I`m in the business

There are specific products (Bridgepoint.com) for these problems. Woolite (in any form) is not a specific answer.

An all purpose agent, to be sure, but sometimes we need agents specific to the stain.

BTW, Accumulator`s advice is valid...

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Are those stains on the carpet that is under the floormats. If so, my carpets look about the same - especially the brown staining. Happened after winter when water gets under there and says there for some time.

I did a lot of research on these stains and have tried almost everything to remove them. I think it is called "browning" - do a google search and you will find articles on it. The best success I had was with rug doctors pet and stain remover. It contains tanin whcih counteracts the same dark stain you get when a dog pees on the carpet and it sits for a long time. Take a spray bottle and mist it lightly over the stain, rub in with hand and after say 30 minutes take a damp cloth and work it of. As I said it is not perfect but it did reduce the amount of "browning" on my carpets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information