Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you think im kidding, this is not a joke. Porter cable was bought out by black and decker(they make dewalt), so they are either going to get rid of pc, or cheapen them up. The best advice i can say is to noobies, " Get your pc now while the pc quality is still there."
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you sure that the 7424/7336 is going to be altered? I`ll let my friends know, they`ve been looking into getting PC 7424`s in the near future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless hondaguy has some inside information he isn`t sharing, I think he`s just going on unfounded stereotypes of B&D tools. Sure Black and Decker makes some cheap tools you can buy in any K-Mart or WalMart store, but they also have an industrial line that we used to use at the garage door company I worked at. The industrial line tools seemed to be a step up from the Dewalt line in quality, and I was very impressed at the quality and durability. Among my other responsiblities I was in charge of power tool maintenance and repair. Until we hear definite proof about specific Porter Cable tools (like the 7424) being cancelled, I don`t think we should jump to any conclusions.

-Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Black&Decker bought Pentair, who owns Porter-Cable.

So Porter-Cable wasn`t even owned by Porter-Cable anyway.
    370HSSV

Post Thanks / Like
    I seriously doubt B&D will change anything with the PC line. It is a successful top quality tool line, which is why B&D bought it. If they cheapen them, they will lose the high end customers. They already have a lower end tool catagory, so why would they want another one? It is only good business if they keep the quality. I wouldn`t worry about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m pretty sure I read that Porter Cable doesn`t even make the DA`s a company in germany manufacturs them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m pretty sure Porter-Cable makes the 7424, 7336, etc. random orbit polishers in the US but their circular polisher (7428) is made by Flex in Germany. I have both. Flex is also owned by Pentair. I agree with lawdog that I doubt they would buy the company and then drop products for which B&D or Dewalt has no better or equivalent products. This makes no sense at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a case for a Cyclo once/if my PC breaks
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mike

I`m pretty sure Porter-Cable makes the 7424, 7336, etc. random orbit polishers in the US but their circular polisher (7428) is made by Flex in Germany. I have both. Flex is also owned by Pentair. I agree with lawdog that I doubt they would buy the company and then drop products for which B&D or Dewalt has no better or equivalent products. This makes no sense at all.

That may have been it.

Post Thanks / Like
    It wouldn`t make sense to cheapen pc. They have a good rep, and rightly so, their products are good. This acquisition will give bd another revenue stream, nothing more, nothing less. All companies care about is the bottom line.

Bill.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My 7424 says "Made in the USA" on the cord.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    maybe that means just the cord was made in the USA? :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, think about it. Why would they want to make porter cable the best when dewalt is their premium lineup? They will use cheaper parts bc of that. It may not happen to the pc buffers, but I wouldn`t take any chances.
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by hondaguy2582

Guys, think about it. Why would they want to make porter cable the best when dewalt is their premium lineup? They will use cheaper parts bc of that. It may not happen to the pc buffers, but I wouldn`t take any chances.

Each of those name brands serve different markets, PC will not be the "premium" brand over DeWalt, and vice versa. Porter Cable serves many woodworkers, etc. DeWalt is a favorite among construction companies, etc. They aren`t going to get rid of, or cheapen, Porter Cable. It makes zero sense financially to pay a large price for a premium brand, established, company and then drive it into the ground. Everybody said the same thing when B&D bought DeWalt, the sky is falling!! DeWalt tools are still fine, the same will hold true for PC.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by hondaguy2582

Because when they own them both, they have two premium lines, both serving different nitches, and still have their household consumer line. I would not worry about a drop in quality, but I might be concerned about the price going up as the competition goes away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information