Post Thanks / Like
    I did my mats today with 6:1 woolite, they turned out great. The only problem is that they felt stiff, I will go over them with some water and wet/dry vac it up. I have some bad stains on my actual carpets, will the woolite work on it? If it doesent, what should I use to spot treat stains?

Thanks
    Milano Red 1996 HX Civic - replaced with:

Black 1996 EX Civic

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the Woolite on a few different stains .. spray the stain and the with a folded up terry towel rub the stain hard and it may transfer to the towel.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    here is a pic of before:

Looks like I got a lot of rubbing to do! When I did the mats, I rubbed the whole mat and got a lot of unseen stains (uniform stains throughout) transfer

I couldent get my seat screws off, sooo tight.

Black 1996 EX Civic

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll be sure to post after pics also!

Black 1996 EX Civic

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    With that stain, I would agitate the Woolite/Water mix with a scrub brush. Let sit for a few minutes (enough to do the other side), then follow with the towel.

Repeat as desired.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the carpet feels stiff afterwards, maybe you aren`t getting all of the detergent out. Try a rinse, using a shop vac or extractor makes this much more efficient.

Woolite will work on the carpet, too, but may not be strong enough for some stains. I`ve always had good luck with "Tuff Stuff" from AutoZone, Wal Mart, etc... I spray it on, agitate with a brush, then shampoo carpet like normal. I would guess any good APC or carpet cleaner would help on the spots if agitated and then removed.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    You may have to rinse the carpets well after using the woolite mix and then wet vac out the water. I find that works best when you have very dirty carpets or carpeting with old stains.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    If the woolite isnt cutting it try some oxyclean mixed in a spray bottle or some megs APC+. That stain looks very removable its just large, keep trying.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will try my best with only woolite for the tough stains or now, we will see what I can get up as gently as possible. The mats that I did already have a wierd pattern to them, looks unnatural.(especially the parts where I spot treated and scrubed heavily). Hopefully a good rinse/dry will take care of that. The main thing that seems to be getting the stains out is the terry cloth rubbing. I used up 3 clean terrys on the mats that at 3x cleaner then the carpets. :shocked

Black 1996 EX Civic

Post Thanks / Like
    yep need lots of terry`s for this process ...
    Mike,

2000 B5 GLX

92 Corrado SLK

Post Thanks / Like
    For mats that are extremely dirty, I like to use my power washer on them (1300 psi on a broad fan setting). If there are greasy stains, I spot treat with something like Tuff Stuff or diluted Orange blast (4:1), and scrub. Then use the power washer to slowly go back and forth working the cleaner (and crud) out of the carpeting. This pushes out an amazing amount of sand and crud that a shop vac or steam cleaner can`t touch. You`ll be amazed at what comes out. I then use my Thermax or shop vac to suck out as much water as possible to speed drying and remove any "dirty" water. Lay the mats in the sun, and they`ll then be dry in an hour or two while I clean something else. I just wish I could do this to my entire carpet, but it`s too big of a pain to take out....

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    I dident know if I could use orange blast on my carpet, I will have to get some. I checked nearly every local auto parts store and they are eather out or don`t carry it. This is only if I really need it which I think I may on a few stains that look like coffie.

Black 1996 EX Civic

Thread Information