Thread: Big Red Buckets

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone seen/used those big red oval buckets that have a dirt trap in the bottom. I was wondering if they worked or is the 2 bucket system better?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using one for a few months now. Can`t remember where I got it, but it was somewhere local (central Ohio), and cost less than $10 IIRC. I`ve been using it with a boar`s hair brush to wash our cars. Before that I had a 5-gallon bucket with a dirt trap in the bottom, but my washing brush didn`t fit inside very well.

I`m going to give the two bucket system a try though, along with some chenille wash mits I have on order. I`ll probably still use the oval red bucket with the trap for my wash solution.

-Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Check this thread out SONUS Der Wunder Bucket

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Aletank

Check this thread out SONUS Der Wunder Bucket

That isn`t the bucket he is referring to. The Sonus Wunder Bucket you linked to is just an ordinary 5-gallon bucket with readily available accessories added to it. That is the same exact dirt trap I used to use in my 5-gallon bucket, I think I got it at Eastwood.

-Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    You can make your own Grit Guard by using the egg shell plastic that goes in ceiling light fixtures. I picked up a whole sheet at Home Depot for $10.00 and cut it to fit my buckets.

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Pats300zx

You can make your own Grit Guard by using the egg shell plastic that goes in ceiling light fixtures. I picked up a whole sheet at Home Depot for $10.00 and cut it to fit my buckets.

I did this after seeing one of your earlier postings .. had a broken lense in the shop .. cut it out on the band saw .. works like a million .. Have been meaning to thank you .. just forgot who you were .. so .. thank you ..
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Using that egg crate cieling tile is a great idea. That Sonus Bucket looks like an expensive mess. Plus the whells would get wigged out on my gravel. Thanks for the tile idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a great idea, but for me I`m going to wait to see the Sonus price. I`d rather get a couple of uses out of one product (in this case seat/bucket) due to my "not that big* garage ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    The Grit Guard line is avaialble at Eastwood. The 5-gallon bucket insert only (what I have) is $9, the whole system with bucket, lid, and insert, is $23, and the 5-wheel bucket dolly is an additional $30. The Sonus kit appears to be a rebadged/renamed Grit Guard system.

http://eastwoodco.com/shopping/searc...ord=grit+guard

-Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I posted here.. guess not.. The bucket he`s refering to is made by Black Magic. Walmart and other discount stores sell it. Holds 4 gallons and has a grit guard at the bottom. My only complain with this bucket is that sometimes the grit guard likes to float off the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JayC

I thought I posted here.. guess not.. The bucket he`s refering to is made by Black Magic. Walmart and other discount stores sell it. Holds 4 gallons and has a grit guard at the bottom. My only complain with this bucket is that sometimes the grit guard likes to float off the bottom.

Yeah, that`s the one I`ve been using lately. The dirt guard on mine likes to float up too, but it always resets itself when I put the brush back in the bucket. Now that I think about it, I probably did get mine at WalMart. I wonder if there is a way to get the guard to stay down?

-Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NeonLights

I wonder if there is a way to get the guard to stay down?

-Keith

Wanna buy my pet rock?
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jesstzn

Wanna buy my pet rock?

How much you want for it Actually I better not, with as little sleep as I`m getting these days I might accidentally pick up the rock and try to wash my car with it. Not good:doh

-Keith

Thread Information