Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Does this look like swirls/marring or streaking/hazing from SG?

Post Thanks / Like
    what did you use to apply and take off. Did you do this in the sun?

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, that is marring. Probably happened somewhere in the washing/drying stage. Check your tools/process.

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks like marring / swirls. It could have been there before you started or it could have come from a dirty wash mit, a bad towel or a polish that had too much abrasive in it.

Good luck,

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by l33

what did you use to apply and take off. Did you do this in the sun?
    I used a Pakshak MF towel to apply and take off in the garage.

Originally posted by ebpcivicsi

IMO, that is marring. Probably happened somewhere in the washing/drying stage. Check your tools/process.
    Prior to applying SG, I PC`ed the car with DACP, Menzerna FP, and applied AIO x 1 by hand. I don`t have a halogen light, but I did use a flashlight to check for swirls. Prior to applying SG, everything looked great? .

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried using a terry applicator for SG, but the applicator itself marred the surface before because it was very cheaply made (from PepBoys). Do you guys use MF applicators? I figured using a MF towel was the best solution for what I had to work with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has a wash been done since application?

Post Thanks / Like

Has a wash been done since application?
    Nope. The car hasn`t been touched since I applied SG. Should I go over a small area with some AIO to see if anything improves?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would. Just to get an idea, how were the towles cared for? No dryer sheets or fabric softener right? Car was COMPLETELY clean when everything was applied?

Post Thanks / Like
    KB798- Sorry to hear/see what happened on your hood. It does *look* like marring to me too, but it`s hard to tell from a picture. It`s sorta funny how easily things like that can happen. As previously posted, just a too-coarse towel or a dirty applicator can do pretty horrendous things in no time.

But it might just as easily be SG-hazing, so yeah, try the AIO and see if that fixes it. Fingers crossed and all that....hope you luck out and it`s just the SG.

I apply SG with a foam applicator (the regular "wax applicator" type) and remove it with a MF. You could use a MF for both application and removal if you prefer.

[Edit:] Having looked at the pic again, I suggest that you work on your technique a bit. The sort of irregular, broad marks in that pic don`t have the "obviously careful and meticulous technique" look about them. Don`t mean that as a flame, just constructive criticism Working inch-by-inch can be a pain, but it`s more likely to yield uniformly great results.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m finding Pakshak mf applicators to be surperb for applying SG, spray it first with qd, add your small amount and apply
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I would. Just to get an idea, how were the towles cared for? No dryer sheets or fabric softener right? Car was COMPLETELY clean when everything was applied?
    I think the towels were cared for very well. All dirty towels were pre-soaked in hot water with Woolite, then I hand-wash them to get the tough stains out. Then I throw them in the washing machien for 3 cycles with Woolite (no vinegar at end of rinse cycle) and dry them in the dryer with no dryer sheets.

As for the car being completely clean, I tried to keep the surface clean to the best of my abilities. I worked in a garage, and there are always going to be airborne contaminants that can land on the surface, so it`s hard to make sure nothing gets on the paint. However before I apply anything I always like dust off the surface by swatting at it with a towel (not rubbing).

Originally posted by Accumulator

I apply SG with a foam applicator (the regular "wax applicator" type) and remove it with a MF. You could use a MF for both application and removal if you prefer.

[Edit:] Having looked at the pic again, I suggest that you work on your technique a bit. The sort of irregular, broad marks in that pic don`t have the "obviously careful and meticulous technique" look about them. Don`t mean that as a flame, just constructive criticism Working inch-by-inch can be a pain, but it`s more likely to yield uniformly great results.
    I will definitely give a foam applicator a try the next time I apply SG.

Also, no offense taken...if anything I greatly appreciate your constructive criticsm . The broad marks you`re talking about, do you mean it should look straight and horizontal rather than the "arc" shapes? I tend to use more of a natural, elliptical motion rather than a straight, horizontal back and forth motion. I suppose I should be more aware of that the next time. I also tried going in different directions when I applied versus removing to see which method is marring the surface...but I can`t remmeber which was which :doh:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi kb798,

I`m sorry to say it but it does look like swirls/marring. Were you applying any pressue while applying SG?

I would not recommend using a mf towel to apply products. The mf towels are meant to remove/buff off polish, wax, sealants, interior/exterior dressings, etc.

I would recommend using either a foam applicator to apply either wax or sealants.

With Aloha,

Ranney

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to ask if you had to apply a lot of pressure to either apply or remove the SG, but Ranney beat me to it. I`ve found Klasse products difficult to remove in the past (probably because I put too much on?), and I was very worried I was causing marring while I was buffing it off.

Post Thanks / Like
    The last time I applied SG, about a couple of weeks ago, it cost me 2 arms to buff off the SG. The main reason for that was because I applied waayyy to much.

This time, I applied an extremely miniscule amount - about half the size of a dime per half a body panel. I drive a relatively small car so it was enough anyway. When I was buffing off the SG, it took less pressure than before, but it wasn`t as easy as applying and removing S100 for example.

This is the second attempt of using SG...and I`ve yet to still get phenominal results. At least I improved from last time, but man this is some hard work . When I did the Menzerna Twins and S100 everything worked great but I want the durability of the Klasses since the car will be parked outside for almost a year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information