Thread: # 26 or NXT

Post Thanks / Like
    liquid hi-tech wax or NXT ??

i am almost out of NXT and have been using it after # 9. results are great !!

i have been reading about # 16 but i like the liquid waxes, since i can apply them with the PC. saves time on details !!

any suggestions on which one you guys would choose ??

# 26 lasts longer ?? i have had decent durability with the NXT. shine and water beads are still there after months. but the cars are in the garage and get washed every week.

i like nxt

Post Thanks / Like
    From my experience, liquid #26 and NXT are both durable as far as water beading and reflectivity are concerned. NTX tends to lose it`s slickness quicker than #26.

We have two vehicles parked outside 24/7, one with #26 and another with NXT. The car with #26 was waxed about a month ago and the car with NXT was waxed a few days after. I just washed and QDed both and the NXTed car wasn`t able to retain it`s slickness compared to the car with #26.

Just my two cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    If worried about durability, you could try #16. Even though it`s a paste, it is easily applied by PC. I use a butter knife or spoon to "butter" a finishing pad, and then apply with PC on about 3-3.5. A little bit goes a L O N G way. It applies evenly and very thin to make removal just a wipe. It is a very durable wax, much more so than #26 in my experience. You could read post after post of people praising its looks, too. And at $13 a tin or so, one tin will last a very long time (mine will probably last several years, atleast).

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    I was never a big fan of#26 Stay with NXT or buy some of MEGS best product #16

Post Thanks / Like
    I also agree that #26 is more slick than NXT. On m car, NXT seemed like fly paper, attracting dust and the dust would stick to the paint. As for shine and deph, they both came out great and almost the same. Durability, well, I dont remember well wich one lasted the most.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys. i remember using paste with a buffer before. my dad actually showed me the butter knife method. i`ll definately look into # 16 now, just need to find where i can buy it. :up

Thread Information