Post Thanks / Like
    I just picked up a PC 7336sp from Lowes the other day. I`ve been looking online for a backing plate and pads but it seems everyone is out of stock of one or more pieces. Are there any members that can recommend a local store or nationwide chain to look for pads/plate at?

Post Thanks / Like
    We`re pretty lucky in Louisville. Backing plates and Lake Country pads (as well as the whole 3M line) are available at Smart Shoppers on the Outer Loop in Okolona

They have great prices and usually a pretty full stock. They also carry a lot of the Megs and 3M professional products at great prices. Remember when you go in that the selling price is actually the smaller number on the price tags, not the larger one (that`s the MSRP). They also hit you with a 15% mark-up on checkout, but it`s still great.

Their web-site is http://www.smartshoppersinc.com/ and the prices are the same in the store except for the retail mark-up. But the web-site requires a $50 minimum purchase.

Post Thanks / Like
    great! thanks, that is right around the corner from home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Louisville, KY??

I`m in Louisville and I`m fairly certain that you will find the pads and backing plate at a place called "Mirror Glaze" on Preston highway. Their phone # is 502-966-8276. If memory serves me correct, they close around 6:00 pm. And if you haven`t guessed by the name, they are a distributor for all Mirror Glaze / Meguiars products.
    94 Toyota Supra Twin-Turbo

Alpine Silver Paint

BPU++

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks slvr, I think ill stop by there tomorrow. Bargain shoppers is only open M-F 9-5.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d give them a call in the morning first. I`m sure they`re open on Saturdays but they may close around 1:00 or 2:00.

Alpine Silver Paint

BPU++

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by weswar

(Smart) Shoppers is only open M-F 9-5.
    Sorry. Forgot to mention that. It is kind of inconvenient, sometimes.

Let me know what you find out about Mirror Glaze`s hours, prices and selection. I didn`t know about that place, but it sounds great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I stopped by Mirror Glaze this morning, no backing plates in stock. I guess I have to wait til next week . In any case they had some pads but I didn`t spend any time really looking at them once I found out they didn`t have the plate. They only carry the pro line of supplies so that meant no NXT wash. Most of their prices are normal to high. I don`t plan on going back. They wanted 28 dollars for 1 clay bar .

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by weswar

no NXT wash.

If you`re looking for NXT Wash, Meijer has a pretty good sale on it this week--I think it was $3.99 or $4.99 a gallon (or whatever the big bottle is).

Post Thanks / Like
    I admit that they don`t have the best prices. I`m willing to pay a few dollars more for a product if I don`t have to wait 2-3 days to get it. Their customer service is good and they do seem to carry other "professional" detail supplies besides Mirror Glaze line. If you`re looking for NXT, I`ve seen it on the shelves at PEP BOYS on Breckinridge Lane and Autozone on Westport Rd.

Alpine Silver Paint

BPU++

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your help guys. Hopefully Monday will be a better day, I`m just itching to start using my PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are so lucky to be in Louisville. Attend the NSRA Nats there each year and without doubt it`s a carnut`s heaven.

Meg`s and Eagle One both have large displays there. The Eagle One Trailer in the outside area usually has some good deals.

Be there in 3 weeks.
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys,

I`m in the Ville too. Maybe we should all get together sometime for a detail day. I just got a new rotary and would sure like for somebody to show me the proper techinque.

The PC just isn`t cutting it (no Pun intended) on some scratches on my truck. Word of advice......never loan your truck to an In-law who is moving!!!

Stopped by MG this morning to get a backing plate for my rotary and they were out on them as well. Have one on order, just wanted to try the machine out this weekend.

I agree MG is the best. They are very knowledgeable, I`ve been going there since 85. Become a rgular and the pricves don`t seem to be what`s marked...........

John

Thread Information